Car battery dieing from Parking Mode

dklein

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
LK-7950wd
Anyone have any issues with this or solutions? I could yank the constant on 12v wire but wondered if there were any other people having issues? I think the camera is just always on and then saves a file when sensors get alerted.

I doubt it Robert! Can you please tell me what to set it too? .1 volt?

When you go into the settings, you choose the desired cut off voltage. In-between 12.4v/24.8v and 11.5v/23v.
I cant really tell you which one will be best for your vehicle, but maybe 11.9v/23.8v. See how well that works for you.

What this does is tells the camera to turn off when it detects that the battery is below the set voltage while in parking mode. Which ensures that it does not kill your battery.

Ok, it was set to 12.1 and I bumped it to the highest @ 12.4 and also set the timer to 3 hours. This should do the trick!!

Thanks man, I figured there must be some setting but I didn't understand what the cutoff voltage was for! Now I know!!

Thanks again!

Oh no worries!! Let us know if that does the trick!
If you find that your vehicle starts perfectly after setting these options, then you can try giving the camera more time, and a lower voltage.
Usually a health battery, in normal conditions on a average car can start a vehicle just fine with 11.9-11.5 V
But there are to many factors for me to say for sure.

I have this same issue, even with the cutoff set. If I park my car for 2 days the battery is dead. Then I switched to 'car power only' mode (ie have the daskcam turn off when I turn off my ignition. Still the same. The camera does turn off, but after 2 days the battery is dead. This is Firmware fi.17 Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have this same issue, even with the cutoff set. If I park my car for 2 days the battery is dead. Then I switched to 'car power only' mode (ie have the daskcam turn off when I turn off my ignition. Still the same. The camera does turn off, but after 2 days the battery is dead. This is Firmware fi.17 Does anyone have any suggestions?
When I was in college worked for Sears for a bit. Lots and lots of batteries... 1) ck tension on belt 2) check to be sure battery terminals are snug 3) pull battery terminals (if not screw in type) take a razor or sharp knife (of course be very careful) and clean (scraping) battery lugs s and inside of terminals (removes oxidation) 4) wire brush both lugs and inside terminals 5) some people like to mix backing soda and vinegar (I think) and clean the connections then rinse with water, messy though. If this does not do it goto a place like Sears and have them do a load test on your battery... or just goto Sears First if you don't want to get your hands dirty... disclaimer: anyway, these are the steps that I would take, those that I think I remember... brain fog and the like you know... probably best to consult a professional...

Hi Calgary
It's your UK customer here. My LK-7950 has been great but I recently installed it in a new Prius, I will send you a link to the installation on the UK Toyota Prius club site if you need it.
Monday the Prius battery failed to start the car. The only thing I could see amiss was the Lukas showing Flashing Fat even with Ignition OFF. After I boosted the car Camera, Off and unplugged, reconnected Switched On and after boot up Flashing Fat again ACC ign. Off the same. After 10 miles I did a camera re-format
format and finally got See you on ign. Off.
Checked from App this morning all is well but the Power Cut Off was set to Auto (now set to 12.2v) not sure how the camera knows what Prius needs to start. I guess the SD was full so it forced a format so went to standby, glitched as I probably powered off, so just kept trying. I rarely look at the display so it could have been trying for days.
I only ever have it set to ACC does Power Cut off do anything in ACC if there is a malfunction?
It was lucky the Prius was not in my garage as a flat battery would have been a disaster. The Hybrid does not move without power and in my garage the battery is not accessible. It was only out while I modified a pillar in the garage so I could get out after parking.
I will be back for the 150 party,but doing the island this time.

Knobby. You going to PEI?? I'd be interested in seeing your wiring setup. Could you send me the link? I'm still trying to get my camera to work in always on mode.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/176550-fuse-box-and-camera
This is the link to my installation on the Prius I also posted the Auris installation, On this and Dashcamtalk about 3years ago. Same principle. Use fuse taps Be sure of a good earth tag, Identify fuse that is permanent live and Ignition on. This maybe a spare as in the a Prius or a Tap as in the Auris. Use crimp spade, or bullet or solder the taps. Set up via an app or to the pc is straightforward. My problem was I set the power cutoff to Auto and I do not leave it in ON mode but ACC (ign on drive mode) only. Only a mouse could cause a trigger in my garage and I park well away from the crowd. It is now set to 12.2v and auto format 3months.
This is the only Glitch I have had in 3 years and three cars. I bought the camera in Canada for an RV vacation but have had it in two Hybrid Toyota, and up to now its been faultless. I only wanted "fit and forget" "black box" stealth mode and this comes very close to what I wanted .

Oh no worries!! Let us know if that does the trick!
If you find that your vehicle starts perfectly after setting these options, then you can try giving the camera more time, and a lower voltage.
Usually a health battery, in normal conditions on a average car can start a vehicle just fine with 11.9-11.5 V
But there are to many factors for me to say for sure.

@Calgary Dash Camera - Robert
Robert
Did you get the link to my re-install to new Prius? There seems to be an issue with battery cut off if the card is doing a forced format.
Regards Ian

@Calgary Dash Camera - Robert
Robert
Did you get the link to my re-install to new Prius? There seems to be an issue with battery cut off if the card is doing a forced format.
Regards Ian

Hello Ian,

As we talked about in your support thread. This was likely caused by the third party memory card you are using.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V LK-7950 2
K LK-7950 2
Back