A problem with Xiaomi Yi Car Wi-Fi DVR Black

dash noob

Reaction score
Country
Armenia
Hello everybody
Here is a problem with this device. It was bought as 60 fps, but unfortunatelly it is a "short" version with 30 fps.
And there were different serial numbers on camera and on the box. This was solved.
I decided to change сhinese firmware to english..and it stop working.
When you turn it on, there is only pink display with letter and something in сhinese. I tried almoust everything to make it alive, but now it is a "pink brick".

Maybe anyone has faced with such problem? Is there any solution?

only one version as i know. It's strange if your cam cant turn into 60 fps mode.
Many ppl has the same problem as you have. Check another thread to see: is this the same problem like your ?
And no, there isnt solution yet.

as i find out, there were two types of this cam. Black color is "short version" and other colors - normal.
i cant change chinese serial number back. Anybody know how?
And in my case command "endmode" for engineering menu does not work

I faced the exact same scenario..however if your firmware version is 1.03.026 you can reset it by putting the correct Chinese serial number and engmode file back again in the memory card.

however if you updated the firmware to 1.03.028 throug OTA, you have to follow a bit tougher method by resetting it through the UART port.

you have to open up the camera and solder two wires to the UART port of the camera.which is in the back side of the motherboard below the LCD.Check the picture attached

buy a USB to TTL serial converter module and connect the camera to the PC using it.i used a raspberry pi and minicom since it has a built in UART port.

you can use hyper terminal if you are using the USB to TTL converter. after connecting when you power on the camera it will in show the bootup process in the screen. it ends with a phrase indicating battery status.

there you can type "?" to find the available commands..there are multiple commands available.I used the command "PStore format" and the camera was reset to the factory settings.

Attachments

• UART.jpg
    UART.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 125
I have firmware version is 1.03.026, but file don't work

Attachments

• IMG_20161219_192845.jpg
    IMG_20161219_192845.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 73
as i find out, there were two types of this cam. Black color is "short version" and other colors - normal.
i cant change chinese serial number back. Anybody know how?
And in my case command "endmode" for engineering menu does not work
Please do not try to change Chinese SN to USA SN on black color Yi dash cam,it is a different module with other colors!

1. Get a Desktop/Laptop, SD Card Reader, microSD Card and a minimum 1amp microUSB charger ready +

2. Copy the serial number from the menu/label on the bottom of the camera. Take only the first 14 characters. +

3. Write the serial number into a word processor and change the letters “CN” into “US” +

4. Save as “SN.txt” +

5. Create a blank file and name it “engmode”, no file extension. +

6. Copy both files onto your SD card. +

7. Insert the SD card back into the camera and power it on using your USB charger. +

8. Once you see the engineering menu, scroll down until you see number 8 - Exit. Select it. ---- But i don't see the engineering menu, the camera starts and all.

Hi everybody. I have Xiaomi DVR Black "Basic edition" and It has a different version of the motherboard, do not try flash it with firmware first "full" version of the camera. Also engmode will not work.

xiomi_dvr_basic_edition.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, when I enter the engmode, I cannot select any option (buttons dont allow to scroll down) do you know how to solve? REgards

1. Create 2 empty files with notepad with filenames with your computer:
engmode
AAA222CCC.txt
2. Create SN.txt take the serial number from the unit only 14 digits start from the left (original S/N).
3. Copy 3 file to SDcard and connect power. When display show s/n, turn off power and restart. Done.

i have same problem now. can you help? same error as your picture Tran Chung.. I am trying to revert serial number back but it wont change to blue screen with serial change.

Hi Guys,

Having issue with my yi dashcam. While changing the language from Chinese to English, Got the serial number change from CN to US but now I'm stuck between "System language adaptation fail Access denied" and "Yi see different." Logo.

Any thoughts on how to fix this to go back to CN version and have the camera working?

here are the details of my dashcam.

View attachment 29820

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

menu not start, I press red bottom

Attachments

• IMG_20170422_164246.jpg
    IMG_20170422_164246.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20170422_164318.jpg
    IMG_20170422_164318.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 13
I faced the exact same scenario..however if your firmware version is 1.03.026 you can reset it by putting the correct Chinese serial number and engmode file back again in the memory card.

however if you updated the firmware to 1.03.028 throug OTA, you have to follow a bit tougher method by resetting it through the UART port.

you have to open up the camera and solder two wires to the UART port of the camera.which is in the back side of the motherboard below the LCD.Check the picture attached

buy a USB to TTL serial converter module and connect the camera to the PC using it.i used a raspberry pi and minicom since it has a built in UART port.

you can use hyper terminal if you are using the USB to TTL converter. after connecting when you power on the camera it will in show the bootup process in the screen. it ends with a phrase indicating battery status.

there you can type "?" to find the available commands..there are multiple commands available.I used the command "PStore format" and the camera was reset to the factory settings.
is it possible to restore/change SN through uart too? I screwed mine by having linebreak at the end of SN.txt and now nor English nor CN firmware is working. I'm always getting message about lang problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20170615_034155.jpg
    IMG_20170615_034155.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20170615_021654.jpg
    IMG_20170615_021654.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 9
Back