Language Error: Chinese Yi Dash Cam

Thushianthan

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Dear All

My Yi Dash cam is stucked on " language adoptation error " as attached picture.

The camera is with latest version of Chinese firmware and I have tried to convert it to English by replacing first 14 characters of serial number with CN to US.

Please help me to restore my cam.

Thank you..

Attachments

• 20161205_084449.jpg
    20161205_084449.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 51
Hi were you able to sort out this problem..i too have faced the same issue..

Hi were you able to sort out this problem..i too have faced the same issue..

Yes.. please let me know the error massage.

I got stucked when I try to chang the Chinese firmware to English. I replaced serial number CN to US as per described in this forum.

At this point you must flash English firmware. Chinese firmware not working..

i also tried to change to english and a blue screen appeared with the a serial number..there after this message was appearing..

its the exact same error shown in your image..i tried both the firmware bud doesnt seem to be working..what is your firmware version number..can you please post the firmware you used..

Thanks

Last edited:
I have the same ... anyone have any way?

i have!!!

B. If YI Smart Dash Camera cannot boot normally, try push the reset button on the top of the camera with a pin. If the camera still cannot boot:
  1. Download FWCARC10.bin to the micro SD card and put it in the root directory (make sure the file name remains FWCARC10.bin)
  2. Insert the micro SD card in the camera
  3. Connect the camera to a power source, then switch on the camera
  4. The yellow light at the right-bottom corner of the camera will flash, but the screen remains dark (if the light is not flashing, push the reset button on the top of the camera with a pin)
  5. Wait for 1-5 minutes before the update is successful and the camera is restarted
  6. Format the micro SD card after the camera is successfully restarted, otherwise the update process will be started every time the camera is restarted
Notice: NEVER cut off the power source or shut down the camera while update is in progress.
Previous version download link:

Last edited:
Thanks but my camera was a different variant of black color..it had stripped down features from the original version..however i was able to get it reset using the UART power in the motherboard..

Thanks but my camera was a different variant of black color..it had stripped down features from the original version..however i was able to get it reset using the UART power in the motherboard..
can you post a tutorial on how you do it? thanks. i also got the same error when i tried to update the firmware to english

can you post a tutorial on how you do it? thanks. i also got the same error when i tried to update the firmware to english
+1 to the request. These new black versions are Chinese-only, so a way to turn them to English would be super helpful.

Restore CN firmware for CC serial (error: System language adaptation fail. Access denied)
1. Create 2 empty files with notepad with filenames:
engmode
AAA222CCC.txt
2. Create SN.txt take the serial number from the unit only 14 digits start from the left (original CN S/N).
3. Copy 3 file to micro SDcard, insert the micro SDcard in the camera and connect power. When display show s/n, turn off power and restart. Done.

Last edited:
Restore CN firmware for CC serial (error: System language adaptation fail. Access denied)
engmode
AAA222CCC.txt
2. Create SN.txt take the serial number from the unit only 14 digits start from the left (original CN S/N).
3. Copy 3 file to micro SDcard, insert the micro SDcard in the camera and connect power. When display show s/n, turn off power and restart. Done.
I followed this instruction and it worked, but I am stucked with the s/n.. i turned it off and restart but it always go to the blue screen.. I tried deleting the 3 files then it goes back to the language error.. please help

I followed this instruction and it worked, but I am stucked with the s/n.. i turned it off and restart but it always go to the blue screen.. I tried deleting the 3 files then it goes back to the language error.. please help
1. Use Micro SDcard class 10 (80MB/s)
2. Formart Micro SDcard to Fat32, 64kilobytes
Then follow instruction.
When cam display show s/n, remove SDcard, restart cam. Format sdcard befor insert in cam

If not success, pls post your S/N, i'll try on another cam same

I am using scandisk ultra 32 gb, I followed the instructions above.. formatted it already after the s/n, but after i restarted it, it goes back to the red screen language failed :(

download firmware and update firmware to cam: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/images/CC11B/FWCARC12.bin
intruction up firmware: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/firmware.html
8-32G Class10 Micro SD card
Upgrade steps:
First, first in the format SD card .
On the PC, select the FAT32 file system and the 64KB allocation
unit size.
1. Download the firmware FWCARC12.bin to the SD card root directory, to ensure that The file name is FWCARC12.bin
2. Insert the SD card into the tan drive recorder version of the power card slot
3. Connect the power to start the driving recorder power version
4. Idle driving recorder power version of the lower right corner yellow light flashing, but the screen will not Bright
(if you do not see the yellow light flashing, please use the paper to poke the right side of the fuselage USB port below the Reset hole)
5. Wait for 1-5 minutes, the small ant traffic recorder power version will complete the upgrade and start successfully
6. Start success Please use the dummy driving recorder power version format SD card, otherwise the next start will enter the upgrade process.
* Note: the entire upgrade process do not shut down or power off

After up firmware your cam display still in pink screen error language. Then follow steps:
engmode
AAA222CCC.txt
3. Copy 3 file to micro SDcard, insert the micro SDcard in the camera and connect power. And wait display show s/n, turn off power and restart. Done.

Last edited:
download firmware and update firmware to cam: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/images/CC11B/FWCARC12.bin
intruction up firmware: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/firmware.html
8-32G Class10 Micro SD card
Upgrade steps:
First, first in the format SD card .
On the PC, select the FAT32 file system and the 64KB allocation
unit size.
1. Download the firmware FWCARC12.bin to the SD card root directory, to ensure that The file name is FWCARC12.bin
2. Insert the SD card into the tan drive recorder version of the power card slot
3. Connect the power to start the driving recorder power version
4. Idle driving recorder power version of the lower right corner yellow light flashing, but the screen will not Bright
(if you do not see the yellow light flashing, please use the paper to poke the right side of the fuselage USB port below the Reset hole)
5. Wait for 1-5 minutes, the small ant traffic recorder power version will complete the upgrade and start successfully
6. Start success Please use the dummy driving recorder power version format SD card, otherwise the next start will enter the upgrade process.
* Note: the entire upgrade process do not shut down or power off

After up firmware your cam display still in pink screen error language. Then follow steps:
engmode
AAA222CCC.txt
3. Copy 3 file to micro SDcard, insert the micro SDcard in the camera and connect power. And wait display show s/n, turn off power and restart. Done.
I followed all your steps, but it still resulted to the pink screen.. after the display of s/n, i formatted the sd card and restarted the cam and then back to my original problem.. :( this is so frustrating.. please help..

You try change S/N from CN to US, after change US to CN

I have tried to change to from US to CN but it only displayed Yi in red back ground

Back