CPL filter

If you want one that's guaranteed calibrated correctly, with the good CPL glass, go with our listing.
When you say calibrated correctly, does that mean it's plug and play?

I saw comments for another listing where users said they had to do trial and error rotation of the CPL to get it to the 'right' position. They seemed to be using the A119S 's 2 " screen to determine this - tbh, this sounds like an unnecessary PITA...

TY.

When you say calibrated correctly, does that mean it's plug and play?

I saw comments for another listing where users said they had to do trial and error rotation of the CPL to get it to the 'right' position. They seemed to be using the A119S 's 2 " screen to determine this - tbh, this sounds like an unnecessary PITA...

TY.

means it will be preset to the correct orientation and you won't have to muck about with it

If it's a Viofo CPL, then they all came from the same place and should all be calibrated the same way, no matter what vendor you buy it from. If it's off a little or a lot, then it's a mistake at the factory and not because it was bought at a certain seller.
That said, not sure why Spytec is selling it so cheap. Could be trying to dump some FBA stock.

If it's a Viofo CPL, then they all came from the same place and should all be calibrated the same way, no matter what vendor you buy it from. If it's off a little or a lot, then it's a mistake at the factory and not because it was bought at a certain seller.
That said, not sure why Spytec is selling it so cheap. Could be trying to dump some FBA stock.

Yeah according to the question and answers on Amazon its the Viofo branded one, just cheaper. I do see people talk about having to adjust these on both listings though. I will probably just live with the reflections since this doesnt completely eliminate them and im not shooting a hollywood blockbuster.

Yeah according to the question and answers on Amazon its the Viofo branded one, just cheaper. I do see people talk about having to adjust these on both listings though. I will probably just live with the reflections since this doesnt completely eliminate them and im not shooting a hollywood blockbuster.
The first batch of Viofo CPL filters that went out to all the sellers around the end of last year where not calibrated correctly, so maybe most of those reviews are from those who bought from that batch. The issue was corrected at the factory before the second batch went out. They should all be correct now, but mistakes will still happen.

There is a small batch that came calibrated 45 degrees by mistake recently. It's been corrected though and shouldn't happen again.

@CaptureYourAction nice new logo by the way, I like the letter camera mix. It fits better in a square avatar now as well.
5iOlTWz.png

nice new logo by the way, I like the letter camera mix. It fits better in a square avatar now as well

Quirky for sure and I reckon some colors somewhere........ Hey @jokiin, time for a new avatar with the camera filling the square :cool:

This video demonstrates How to Align CPL Filter for VIOFO A119 A119S Dash Cam. Use the Dashcam LCD screen, rotate CPL glass lens until black, hold lens then rotate the frame to match at 45 degrees with wide slot up.

Yes the best way is to use you dash cam screen and set it to 45c black screen thats correct

This video demonstrates How to Align CPL Filter for VIOFO A119 A119S Dash Cam. Use the Dashcam LCD screen, rotate CPL glass lens until black, hold lens then rotate the frame to match at 45 degrees with wide slot up.
Yes the best way is to use you dash cam screen and set it to 45c black screen thats correct
All LCD screens include a polarizing layer in their construction. The orientation of that layer - which can be horizontal, vertical or 45 degrees right or left, (and I imagine anything else) - can affect the reliability of using this technique for orienting the filter. The only way to insure the filter is orientated correctly is by doing it in the vehicle with the reflections actually on the windshield/windscreen.

There's a lengthy discussion in this thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...er-manual-adjustment-how-to-adjust-diy.15022/

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. Didn't realize this discussion was still going on. I ended up not getting any filter because I am lazy. Just living with the reflections which don't seem too bad in my car.

Back