Are there any dual lens dash cams with "always on" wifi?

tooshy

Reaction score
Country
Israel
When I say dual lens I mean dash cams that the second camera looks into the passenger cabin, not regular 2channel with a rear camera. Something like the Transend DrivePro 520.
I know that the Yi dashcam, DDPai, Mehome and a few more all have always on wifi, but I haven't been able to find any dual lens cameras that have this feature. Does anything like this exist?

Just to clafify, I also want it to be a budget camera. The Transcend is a $200 camera which is way higher than I can afford. I'm looking more at the sub $100 market.

Also, a dual camera solution can also work if it's feasible. I only need the wifi for the front facing part of it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
All I can say is that you don't get what you don't pay for so you will not find this in a budget-friendly cam :(

Phil

Your title tends to lean towards the idea you want the camera to be powered while parked on your drive way and send video over wifi. The battery drain of that would likely wear your battery down in a night to nothing. You would need to do some rather significant modifications to get this setup.

As i recall some of the new chipsets used in the new dual channel systems do support wifi, but in what way and if / when that will be available i have no idea.
Normally using wifi just seem to let even more monkeys out of the bag for camera makers, so many do their best to steer clear of it.

Back