Startup problem

kavad

Reaction score
Country
Canada
hi
I have my camera connected to the cigarette lighter.
When I go from acc to ignition start the power shuts down momentarily to the cigarette lighter which is enough to power down the camera.

I use capacitor.

Would this same situation happen with a battery(not concerned about the heat) and what settings should I have for battery auto start?

Would time delay fix the problem with capacitor?
I have ordered one from amazon but I can't figure out how it works, does it delay the power on or off? Here is the link
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B015Z2EQCU/ref=ya_st_dp_summary?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you

Which cam do you have?
The problem you describe occurs with some capacitor cams (e.g. Mobius) but some of the more cleverly thought out capacitor cams don't have unwanted shutdowns with briefly interrupted 12v supply - Street Guardian SGZC12RC, Panorama II S, JooVuu X from personal experience.
The SG and Panorama will always power up again although a few seconds of recording may be missing during the reboot. JooVuu X (if set correctly) will continue recording for 3s without power before shutting down.
Battery Mobius shouldn't have a problem if configured correctly. Some people have suggested that some of the earlier Mobius firmwares also avoid the unwanted shutdown problem when the cam is using a capacitor but I haven't tested it.

hi
I have my camera connected to the cigarette lighter.
When I go from acc to ignition start the power shuts down momentarily to the cigarette lighter which is enough to power down the camera.

I use capacitor.

Would this same situation happen with a battery (not concerned about the heat) and what settings should I have for battery auto start?
No. Battery cameras always keep recording for at least 10 secs after the power is cut, provided that the battery is in good shape. If you cut and restore the power during those 10 secs the camera will continue recording as if nothing happened.
Some cameras have several shutting down delay options in the menu but usually the 10 secs are more than enough to prevent the camera from saving the last file and shut down before the power comes back.

I have möbius 1.

I downgraded the version to 2.33 and seems ok If it auto starts.
So now I epxerience random auto starts.
I tested it with the USB port on the car and with the camera kit and both are random.
Power plug at home always starts the camera without an issue.
What might be causing this problem?
If I use the battery what are the suggested settings for auto start?

I did further testing today.
I use the spy tec hardware wiring kit and I thought I have problem with the power source (cigarette lighter). I plugged it to the 12v battery and still auto start doesn't start , no lights at all.

So now makes me wonder why would möbius not do auto start on two cars with USB connection and 2 car with spy tec hardware kit?

At home into the USB power outlets starts every single time, I've tried with capacitors and battery and firmware version 2.33

Thank you

Back