BlackSys CH-200 or BlackVue DR750S-2CH

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
Ok, so I was about to look into getting the CH-200 when I saw the DR750S-2CH. So now I have a new question. Which one would you guys say has these features:

- Good Video Quality (Looking for something better than the G1WH if not the same)
- Good at night
- Can withstand the AZ summer heat
- Good Parking mode
- HD front and rear camera
- Reliable (As in lasting a really long time)

I have been looking online but I would like to hear others thoughts about these cameras so I can make my decision.

I think the CH-200 are still made with older hardware and so suffer from a modest bitrate on the 2 cameras, and there are probably also some lesser sensor support.
The DR750S on the other hand seem to be made with the new stuff thru out, but other than that i am not totally on board with its specs, but i would assume the bitrate are at least 15 mbit on each camera

DR750S-2CH bitrate seems to be about 12.5 front 10.5 Rear from our initial testing

That was a bit lower than expected, but those numbers can easy be by choice and not limited by hardware.

DR750S-2CH bitrate seems to be about 12.5 front 10.5 Rear from our initial testing
That was a bit lower than expected, but those numbers can easy be by choice and not limited by hardware.

Which one of the two would have better video quality then. I have looked at both cameras and test footage and it seems the CH-200 has a sharper image than the DR750S-2CH. Is this just me or does this seem true?

I think the CH-200 bitrate is 8mbps.

Which one of the two would have better video quality then. I have looked at both cameras and test footage and it seems the CH-200 has a sharper image than the DR750S-2CH. Is this just me or does this seem true?

I think the CH-200 bitrate is 8mbps.

BlackSys bitrate is 9+7, bitrate is just a small part of the equation. I think you might be right but we'll need to test future firmware and the production model to really say.
If a camera can achieve the same sharpness/legibility with a lower bitrate, then all the power to them. Bitrate needs to be kept lower for 24/7 dash cams
I'm pretty impressed with the image quality Thinkware can achieve in parking mode with 5 + 5 Mbps

You dont need much bitrate when things are not moving much, 4-7 mbit are also what my IP cameras run with depending of time of day ( VBR )

I find if you enter really challenging areas, then even the best dashcams start to struggle and cough up blocking as there is simple too much going on

A road with a row of trees lining it and a low sun filtering thru it and at the same time casting stripes of shade and sun on the road, and the poor camera will start to sweat.

What i find strange is how youtube react to footage, i have some times uploaded pretty good looking footage, and then when youtube had their go it it then it look horrible.
Now i know their recoding stuff will amplify issues, but some time its like youtube have come up with the issues on its own.

quite a lot of the image will be static when parked so much easier to get away with lower bitrates

Yeah I think it's quite clever to use the half bitrate method for parking mode, more manufacturers should use this or offer this option.
The power consumption on the Thinkware is also extremely low in parking mode, I wonder if the lower bitrate has anything to do with it

Back