Help me spend money! :) Blacksys or Blackvue or what?

Razer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V1
Hello all, I generally know my way around cameras and currently own a Street Guardian SG9665GC for my primary vehicle. I have a daughter that will be driving here soon and I need a camera for her car at the least and maybe a third for the wife at some point, who knows.

So I'm in the market for a camera. Needs to be a capacitor for sure due to heat and cold here. I have been looking at the Blacksys CH-100B as a dual channel possibility, then there is the Blackvue 650 series. I could also go lower and get a transcend 200 and a mobius and have more toys to play with. My last thought was the good old panorama series, maybe from Pier28. The SGZC12SG looks nice also.

I want good image quality first and foremost, dual channel would be nice but not required. Wireless would be handy for sure. Seems many of the dual channel cameras are recording a low bitrate and that concerns me on image quality. Just wondering if I'm missing anything good here. A lot of my options seem the exact same as a year ago, seems to not have been a huge amount of movement in the camera front lately from a tech standpoint?

I'm wanting to buy through buy.com / rakuten as I have store credit to be used up there so that is limiting my choices somewhat too. Any thoughts on good options I'm overlooking? Going to buy in the next week or two so though I want to wait for the next great thing my store credit will expire soon and I want to use it up!

Blackvue Over the Cloud is a feature that might interest you as a parent, I don't recommend it for most users but it would definitely give me more peace of mind if my teenager was driving.
If you're not regularly streaming video and just have the device in standby it barely uses any data, up here in Canada it's about $10/month for the minimal amount of data.
You'll get notifications if the G-Sensor is triggered and even if she goes above a certain preset speed.

Thinkware F770 should be coming out soon and records at a higher bitrate, rear video is awesome on the current F750

Good info, thank you. I wish the Blackvue cameras recorded at a higher bitrate, specifically up front. I'd forgo the cloud feature for about 40% higher bitrate that is for sure. Not sure I'd bother with the streaming video thing. Now, at work I am IT and help support a fleet of trucks with GPS systems and the fleet manager would kill to have streaming video access. Meanwhile the guys driving the trucks would kill me for installing them.....

Was not aware of the upcoming F770, I will watch for more info on that one also.

I think Ausdom AD 282 is good.You may buy it in Amazon us.

Back