Polarizing Filters - options

I tried to pass the same road for comparison, but it's been heavy rain so this affected the comparison.
I've not passed that place since then.
I'll get something up later today.

night.jpg

Here is a night shot with the Polarizit filter on the front.
(I've not been able to get the same location to show comparison with the other shots).

Here is a trip to Blackpool at the weekend.
There was no difference with or without the filter on it.
When you take the filter off, the camera adjusts and the lighting is the same. The same when you put the filter on.

I've had no issues with it on.

Thanks for the pics - much appreciated.

So just clarify are you saying there is no difference in the picture with or without the filter on? I thought the filter should improve it by reducing glare etc?

Sorry, I meant brightness wise.
Some people are worried that a CPL filter will make the images darker at night.
I was referring to this.

The filter doesn't make the images darker in my tests.

Regarding reducing glare - yes it definitely does. Especially in the example shown above - without the filter, there were reflections all over the windscreen due to many different light sources from all angles.
I don't have a screenshot of that example without the filter to post, as I changed the encoding from H264 to H265 as I'd been doing some other testing, and I forgot it wipes the card when you change recording type.

Ah I understand - thanks for clearing that up.

Sounds like this is the one then :) thanks for all your help!

Ordered one of these on Saturday and it arrived today - very pleased with the fast delivery!

Think you will be pleased with the quality of the B90 and its function.

Yeah hopefully as I've been reviewing my night time footage and I do get a lot of glare from street lights/headlights etc

Admittedly my windscreen does need a clean lol

I suggest you see here:

I got a CPL filter from 7daycam. Costs NZ$90 which includes DHL Express shipping. However their Support isn't that great. Filter works ok it's not perfect but you need to twist it to calibrate it.

I also got a CPL filter from EDR Auto, a French company, which Blackvue officially recommends. It also doesn't need calibrating too which takes the hassle out of things for you, and it does a good job. Again it's not perfect but hey..... this CPL filter is MUCH better than.... no CPL filter at all. EDR Auto's CPL filter is more expensive, NZ$121 which includes express Chronopost/DHL Express shipping. So forget about waiting 10-15 business days LOL for shipping from US/UK to AUS/NZ which is how long standard shipping can take especially when things go wrong, shipping delays, wrong/inaccurate shipping details recorded by seller/courier/etc. All in all I only waited 5 business days for my filters to arrive from thousands of kilometres on the other side of the world to arrive.

Here's a video I put up recently which has the filter already attached. It's currently SUMMER in New Zealand and Australia, wooo..... so the filter did a good job of deflecting a lot of sunlight.

However with any CPL filter, it will sometimes make some of your recordings look more yellow sometimes, mainly because it's trying to deflect a lot of UV light.

I have yet to do a review video of the CPL filters but am backlogged with editing and posting the rest of my summer holiday videos to my channel which I plan to get done by the end of this month.

your camera is aimed very high. You've got about 1/3 of the road and 2/3 sky (above the horizon).
your camera is getting too much exposure to the sun, because it's aiming too high upwards.

You'll get better quality video if you aim it lower, even if you get part of the dashboard in, that's fine.

Try and aim the horizon line to be in the middle of the video, or even slightly higher than the middle.

I did try aiming it low with more dashboard but I tend to get a lot more dashboard light reflection that way, that's why I aim it high. I also have a higher slanting windscreen too and for best results I read it's best to have the lens as close to the glass as possible (but not so close that the lens is touching the glass). I might give it another try.

He already has a CPL filter, 2 different ones in fact. Doubt he'd want a third.

Last edited:
@Jacek
Please stop posting the same old thing time after time. If you want to bring peoples attention to it, just post a link.:sleep:
So now it's in two consecutive posts here.o_O

@Jacek
Please stop posting the same old thing time after time. If you want to bring peoples attention to it, just post a link.:sleep:
So now it's in two consecutive posts here.o_O
And in the DR750S forums too...

That's what I mean. It's all over the place. And you post a quote that includes it as well. o_O

Back