It's the Polarizit B90 for the DR900S

OP
OP
D
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S - 2ch with B-124 battery hardwired
I've placed an order for the front one too.
I ordered from their website rather than the eBay link - as the eBay link was a slightly different version for the DR750 not the DR900.

Worked out at £36 Inc postage after exchange rate.

Last edited:

Mharv

Country
United Kingdom
Good price for it and postage £36 aswell compared to other sites

OP
OP
D
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Yes that's the one I bought, but got from their Ebay. It's a company called Moovika.

I got both front and rear from them and I wasn't impressed with the quality.
I got a feeling from the packaging too, as they were just in clear plastic sleeves in a small thin cardboard box just bigger than the filters themselves (which was squashed out of shape in the post). They came in a padded envelope rather than a secure box.

The seem to look fine visually when on the dashcam, but the build quality is quite poor, and the design is also not great due to the issues mentioned above.

I wouldn't recommend them.
filter.jpg
Here is a screenshot of my camera with the Moovika filter on the front camera.
You will see on the left side you get a black semi-circle due to the glass filter's holder, and in the top right corner you get a reflection of the glass filter reflecting back on the lens (this has a backwards reflection image when the vehicle is moving.

Hopefully the Polarizit filter will be a lot better as it seems to seal itself against the camera all the way around the lens so there shouldn't be any light leak and lens reflection, and will hopefully be the right size not to intrude onto the video footage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
I bought from 7DAYCAM website last Friday and got an email this morning to say it's only just been despatched. That's a bit slow, but as long as it arrives soon it's fine.

Mharv

Country
United Kingdom
same here with email today dispatched must be getting them by slow boat from China lol

OP
OP
D
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
The Polarizit CPL Filter arrived today.

Here are some photos of the product, packaging and comparison next to the one sold on some BlackVue websites (made my Moovika)

My system is the DR900S-2ch
I have black tape covering the logos on the front of camera to make it less visible through the windscreen.

Polarizit don't seem to do a rear camera filter, so I can't do a comparison of that aspect.

The quality different between the two can clearly be seen, starting from the packaging - the Polarizit filter comes in its own tin holder, with foam insert to protect (bought from 7daycam and posted to UK from California)
The Moovika made one feels like it's very rough textured and made from a 3D printer, then the glass filter part just glued in and fixed in position.
The Polarizit filter is very well made and has a very smooth rotating lens filter which you can adjust to your own vehicle. It looks feels like a quality product, to match the quality of BlackVue.

I've not had chance to put it back in the car yet and get some footage - but so far, the glass filter looks slightly larger and is a better fit around the lens.

IMG_20180914_125300.jpg IMG_20180914_125335.jpg IMG_20180914_125415.jpg IMG_20180914_140547.jpg
IMG_20180914_140618.jpg IMG_20180914_140919.jpg IMG_20180914_141003.jpg IMG_20180914_141116.jpg IMG_20180914_141138.jpg

Attachments

OP
OP
D
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
I've now managed to do some comparison shots of the Moovika and Polarizit filters attached to the camera.

My opinion is the Polarizit filter is a lot better build quality and fit.
Highly recommend

BlackVue CPL filters, sold on most websites (made by Moovika)
filter.jpg

Polarizit CPL filters, sold by 7DAYCAM
polarizit.jpg

You can see on the Polarizit filter, there is no black mark along the edge of the picture where the filter holder is in view, like on the Moovika one.
And because you can manually adjust it, the filter on the Polarizit one gives a better reflection block.

To adjust it is really easy.
Just put something white or light coloured on your dashboard - then livestream the front camera to your phone using the BlackVue app.
Then turn the filter until the white reflection on the camera goes as dim as possible.

Now we just need them to make one for the rear camera.