Voice alert on initial start up

aunkster

Reaction score
Country
United States
I looked in settings but didn’t see anything .
Is there a way to disable the announcement that comes on when vehicle is started ?

I'm confused, you ask about Voice alerts, but then talk about downloading videos .

anyway, page 53;

Adjusting the system volumeThis menu allows you to adjust the voice guidance volume.
Follow the instructions to adjust the volume.

1 From the mobile viewer, tap Dash Cam Settings > System Settings.
2 From Volume, select 0, 1, 2, or 3. The new setting is applied automatically.

Last edited:
I looked in settings but didn’t see anything .
Is there a way to disable the announcement that comes on when vehicle is started ?
I also have the same question, and I do not think we got a clear answer

Unfortunately, you can not silence the startup messages alone. It is a global setting using the volume that silences all messages and tones, which also silences any driver assist functions, and I believe the warning tones when impact is sensed while driving or parked. There is no granularity in what can be silenced.

Personally, I like the more limited startup message that you get after connecting the camera to the car's WiFi hotspot. It shortens the default "On your smartphone....." message to "During parking, event detection recorded: " soon followed by "GPS Connected" and "Connected to the internet"
These messages serve as a reminder that the camera is functioning (or has failed, as my U1000 failed a week ago, still has power at the connector, but the camera is dead)

Back