Vantrue S1 Pro (unboxing & first impressions) (Novatek NT96580, Sony IMX675/IMX307, HDR, GPS, 5GHz WiFi, 2.7K front and 1080p rear)

Agie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
70mai S500, A229 Pro, VS1, Nexus 4 Pro, S1 Pro, A119 v3v2v1
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I'm back again with my own look at the Vantrue S1 Pro @Jeff_Vantrue . Once again, there is plenty of detailed reviews and feedback from the big boys here on DCT, so I won't bore you with the specifications. However, I will do my best to look at this dashcam through the lens of a first-time buyer, who may want a two-channel solution but not want to invest in a flagship 4K Starvis 2 solution.

We have a nice retail box that mimics the look of Vantrue's Nexus 4 Pro packaging down to a tee. Contained within the box is safety foam for the main camera and RC04 rear cameras, along with boxes for the power cable and rear camera cables. Again, it is a 12V cigarette lighter solution with integrated USB-A port to power additional peripherals, and all cabling on the dashcam and rear cameras operate through USB-C. There is also a plethora of helpful accessories; namely electrostatic stickers for mounting, trim tool, spare adhesive stickers, cleaning cloth and warning stickers. A complete package nonetheless, which is always pleasing to see. (There was no CPL filter included in the box, but it should be compatible across other Vantrue dashcams such as the Nexus 4 Pro).

First impressions of the 2-inch IPS display is that it's clear and bright, with all functions on-screen legible to the user. The unit once attached to the included GPS mount does feel somewhat bulky, but there appears to be adequate ventilation holes on the sides of the dashcam. I am concerned slightly about the potential longevity of the buttons around the centre orange emergency button, as they seem to be made of a cheap rubber material. This does detract from their tactility somewhat as you need to press with much harder effort than what is normally required. The orange colour scheme does continue triumphantly with the S1 Pro (one of my favourite aesthetics regarding the Nexus 4 Pro), as it adorns the centre button and the colour scheme in-menu on the dashcam.

Installation of the dashcam itself was relatively straightforward, if not a little unwieldy due to it's thicker form factor. Connection to WiFi was as seamless as it always has been on Vantrue products, and I was up and running within minutes. I did notice some screen-tearing issues, but these are resolved with the latest firmware provided, VT-ECK301 with a build date of December 2023. After a largely positive experience with the Nexus 4 Pro, I am excited to see in the coming weeks what Vantrue has done with Starvis 2, in their smaller-brothered dashcam, the S1 Pro.

Some close-up photos of the Vantrue S1 Pro dashcam:

IMG_20240226_103453719~2.jpg

IMG_20240226_103608097~2.jpg

IMG_20240226_103842046~2.jpg

IMG_20240226_103904540~2.jpg

IMG_20240226_104029379~2.jpg

IMG_20240226_104428284~2.jpg

Last edited:
No CPL in the box ?

I'll be interested in the rear camera performance.. if the focus issues been fixed.

I'll be interested in the rear camera performance.. if the focus issues been fixed.
Same sensor but there may be newer production batches that fix these issues.

No CPL in the box ?
I did not get one with mine - bought it separately. I do see some reviewers got the CPL and hardwire kit sent by Jeff, though I did not.

As far as I remember, only the E1 included a CPL filter and Remote Controller.
The E1 does come with the remote controller, but not the CPL filter. Here's a screenshot from my E1/E1 Lite review video showing the items in the box.

1710367487286.png

The items listed on the Vantrue website for the E1 are:

What's in the Box​

• Vantrue E1 WiFi Dash Cam
  • GPS Adhesive Mount
  • 11.5ft Type C Car Charger Cable
  • 3.3ft Data Cable
  • Wireless Remote Control
  • Electrostatic stickers
  • Warning Stickers
  • Crowbar
  • User Manual

Just saw on Instagram that the S1 Pro is up for pre-order with the LTE Box. I know it's on sale but it seems to indicate that the box will be $100 - $150 AUD standalone, but unfortunately only works in the USA for now (network band support obviously).

Just saw on Instagram that the S1 Pro is up for pre-order with the LTE Box. I know it's on sale but it seems to indicate that the box will be $100 - $150 AUD standalone, but unfortunately only works in the USA for now (network band support obviously).

Will hit the market for more regions soon;)

Will hit the market for more regions soon;)
Saw that on my IG/FB feed as well.

Does it work with the S1 Pro as an add-on or is this a whole separate model?

I'm definitely interested in finding out more ;)

Will it work in other regions too for other devices like Nexus 4 Pro :D
Definitely! We're trying out best the maximize the usage of the LTE Box on other models, stay tuned!

Last edited:
Back