0805 Aux help

Blue Mike

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I'm looking at a 0805 but I'm wondering whether it could be plugged into a Aux input rather than a cig lighter? I only ask my car has an Aux input in the glovebox that never gets used and it'd be ideal to have all the wires out the way rather than wiring in a new cig lighter port out of the way as I use my current one a lot of the time. Thanks

I don't know what an Aux input is, but if the cigar lighter socket adaptor fits in then yes it can be used, alternatively if it is a USB socket then it can also be used if you have a suitable USB to micro USB cable.

Only thing to watch is, does the power turn off when you turn the ignition off? If it is constantly powered then using it could flatten your car battery after a few days without much driving.

That's the Aux input I have in the glovebox. What input is on the lead going into the 0805? Is it micro USB? If so I can find a adapter lead, I've been told it's only live with the ignition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 12
Can't see your image, but the 0805 normally has a micro USB socket and just needs a normal 5 volt, at least 0.5 amp supply. So a standard USB to micro USB cable will work fine if you have a USB socket to plug it into.

That aux socket is for plugging something like an Iphone or audio player to your car radio - it has no power function.

Reactions: Raz
Back