Bricked 0805, help please

RVA

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi guys, I have recently bricked my 0805.
I know, I have made a mistake, I have flashed a 0803 firmware, now it only lights up with blue led, and nothing else happens.
I've downloaded the DirectUSB Universal (http://dc.p-mc.eu/tools/directusb/download) but I can only connect the device with a regular micro usb cable, so nothing to be seen on the DirectUSB screen. It says "found 0 AMBA device!" which means I need an OTG cable to connect, right?

I have found since more 0805 firmware. Tobi@s's webpage does not host any 0805 firmware at the moment, so after a bit of search I have found these:
- 20141125_0805_firmware_GPS
- 20141211_A7_Mini0805_FW_4_Version
I have a GPS version with 1 SD card slot (no inside memory)
Is there any newer (more stable) FW to work with?
Mine was not recording audio permanently, I found this to be a bug. Is there a new version which does record audio? Is the FW found in the 20141211_A7_Mini0805 the best currently available?
When I can get a hands on an USB OTG cable I also do need a male to male USB cable, connect the mini 0805 with those two, and DirectUSB will see the camera?
Thanks in advance.

edit: mine came from GearBest, and seems to be a proper 0805 with golden connectors and printed 1296P Super HD on the top

Last edited:
OK, found an OTG cable, and a male-to-male usb cable.
Put everything together, but nothing happens :(
The red led lights on, as it probably charges, but I can not swith on, and I also can not do anything else...

Any ideas?
Tried to push the on/off button for about 20 sec, and after that for about 30 sec, nothing.
When I unplug lights go off, and nothing happens.

This was it? Call it an end, throw away and buy a new one?

edit:
I could connect the camera, I just forgot to add the camera driver that's why the DirectUSB did not saw the device.
So I went to device manager, added the camera driver manually, and now DirectUSB can see the device

problem is, that it failed with this message:
AMBA_USB_Simple_Response1 failed

I went back to this thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/everything-you-need-to-recover-mini-0803.6302/#post-74504 and read it again.

few posts down somebody says don't hit Upload but rather Download.

Now that's the point!!! I was hitting Upload like 100 times, and got the same error message....
But when I hit Download, it actually uploads the firmware to the device :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm talkint to myself here :) but I hope somebody will use my experience to his advangate.
I have updated the bootloader (.elf file) took at least an hour (!) to complete.
Now I am updating the firmare, but this also going since 13 minutes now... it says: "Wait, firmware programming..." and nothing happens, green line finished in the lower end of the screen.
I hope this is normal, and I just have to wait a few minutes, as everywhere I read people were talking about how quick the firmware change was...

edit: after 1,5 hours it failed.

can somebody help me now, as I'm getting lost

Last edited:
OK, I've made several mistakes, but a miracl also happened.
What I did, and actually can not say why I did that is that the .elf file I tried to upload with the "boot loader" (mistake 1)
dusb2.png

When I uploaded the .elf file in the correct way with "firmware programming" that went pretty good, few seconds
After I tried to load the firmware, but it failed. This might be because I have removed the camera and after I powered it again I did not waited until it showed "OK" (mistake 2)

The miracle what was happening is that after 3 consecutive failures of firmware download I tried to boot up the camera, and it did just fine. And is working ever since.

Back