0805 wrong speed reading

dA_RoB

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hi guys!

Receieved my 0805 on saturday and had some time to test it now.
After finally finding out why my clock was 1h off everytime the cam started (thanks to this forum), now I've found another issue which for me is actually a complete no go as I need to rely on the cam in case of a speeding ticket and an crash.

The issue is that the speed reading is off by 5-7 km/h which is a lot when it comes to complaining to a speeding ticket. Today I tested it with my GPS and when driving 55 according to the speedo, the gps shows 51, cam shows 46.
when driving 80 (speedo), gps shows 77, cam shows 72 and so on and so on.
it seems that the offset is 5kmh.

anyone else had these issues? send it back or is there a fix?

I'm using the 20170213_A7_805_ZX_1CARD_GPS-BIN firmware which is the newest one if I understand correctly.

Thank You!

BR
RoB

Can it really be that I'm the only one with such issues?

have you checked the speed that gets logged rather than what is shown on the display, someone else commented on the display speed being out but the logged speed was correct

I'm not sure what the "logged speed" is? I can only see the speed which is per default hardcoded in the video. There are no external log files at all on the memory card. I was using one of Your cameras before this and there was a log file for each video file, that's not the case here.
Thanks!

no, in registrator view you can't see anything, no g-forces, no nothing.
I have seen in the other thread that the FW I'm using has a lot of bugs so will definitely downgrade and test. Like this and with a lot of other issues, it's not usable ATM

Hi!
I installed a new firmware today (20161111_A7_805 86_ZX_1CARD_GPS) and it works a lot better with it. Speed is now pretty much spot on. Other functions are far better as well with this one.
Now the Registrator Viewer shows the G-Forces, the speed and all information I was used to have from my previous camera.

BR
RoB

Back