0806 Audio noise & unstoppable motion detect

HEZEUS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Rayman,
Greeting also to Jonklin just for being there

I have no idea which version it is but my 0806 has 2 major problems I am hoping you can help fix

AUDIO NOISE
When powered via the ignition and the engine s running I get crackling in the audio portion of the recording.
No such crackling exists if the ignition is on but the engine off.
Power is supplied via the cigarette lighter socket thru the adapter that came with the 0806
This occurred today for the first time
Could it be related to the firmware update

MOTION DETECT
The Motion Detect function will not stop recording unless I cut power from the camera
This no matter whether set for high,medium, or low sensitivity.
This even occurs when I have the camera setting lens down against a black piece of fabric on my table and there is absolutely no motion to detect.
This has been true with the initial firmware that came with the camera v 150128 as well as the recent updates
150305 & 150512

Please help

audio noise you could try a different power adapter

motion detect could be improved in firmware, probably never going to be ideal though

Thanks for the advice on the adapter Jonklin
I am however using the original adapter that came with the unit.
And it has been fine in the few hours of use so far.
Maybe it is the right angle connector I added today to keep the wire run neat.

About the Motion Detector
"NEVER GOING TO BE IDEAL"???
All I want it to do is work properly
Record when motion is detected & stop when the motion stops.

Anyone else reading this have the same problem?

motion detect they could improve, unlikely to ever be perfect though

the adapter might not agree with the other electronics in the vehicle

I had buzzing/crackling/humming until i changed power location and attached... 5mm Inner Diameter Black Core Ferrite Cable Clips to a cord i was using.
ferris-cores.jpg Part of the issue was my car's USB power port causing noise and partly a second 10' cable i was using just added more noise. Moving power to a fuse-tap with lighter/usb charger setup cured most and the ferrite cable clips cured the rest.

Last edited:
Thanks Purple Moon
If swapping out the right angle connector does not fix it I will give the Ferrite Clips a try.
There are many sources for them on Ebay.
I'll post the result when the fix occurs

Now to find someone with Motion Detect answers

HEZEUS, I'm having the same problem with my 0806 hardwired to my fusebox using SpyTec's hardwire kit. Were you able to resolve your noise problem, and if so, how?

I had buzzing/crackling/humming until i changed power location and attached... 5mm Inner Diameter Black Core Ferrite Cable Clips to a cord i was using.
View attachment 13860 Part of the issue was my car's USB power port causing noise and partly a second 10' cable i was using just added more noise. Moving power to a fuse-tap with lighter/usb charger setup cured most and the ferrite cable clips cured the rest.

PurpleMoon, can you post a link to the ferrite cable clip you purchased? Also, where did you mount the clip? And finally, can you go over your hardwire setup again? If I recall, you're still using the 0806 lighter adapter, correct?

PurpleMoon, can you post a link to the ferrite cable clip you purchased? Also, where did you mount the clip? And finally, can you go over your hardwire setup again? If I recall, you're still using the 0806 lighter adapter, correct?

I went to walmart, picked up a cig lighter aux power for $5, like...
outlet.jpg and put a dbl USB $4 into itusb-lighter-charger.jpg for power i got a fuse tapfuse-tap-fuse.jpg

it all mounted in the fuse panel area, i hooked fuse tap into wipers/heatedseats , as that only comes on when engine is actually running, it looks like this...
DSCF3546.JPG
i got 10' of extra USB cable female/male (note 28/24AWG which is better than 28/28AWG) because i was going to behind driver.....
cable.jpgadded ferrite clipsferris-cores.jpg
now all noise was gone, no more crackling/popping/humming at all. ferrite clips you can get anywhere, mine from Amazon, get the 5MM size ones. i got about a pack of a dozen or so for about $10 (but you only need 4max) , i put one at each end of the 10' and also 1 at each end of the original usb cable (6' ?) supplied with cam. overkill most likely as maybe 2 or 4 at most needed... lol

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

If I'm going this route I may as well hardwire my GPS too. I like your setup, but since the lighter cord on my Garmin GPS is required for traffic info I may go with this instead:

41Qh2ul+6fL.jpg

PurpleMoon, did you mount the auxiliary cigarette lighter with velcro? If so, how's that holding up for you?

PurpleMoon, did you mount the auxiliary cigarette lighter with velcro? If so, how's that holding up for you?

i used the black 3M indrustrial-fastener.jpg before i researched about their products. SJ3560 clear is best SJ3560.jpg and will withstand heat and UV. I would have used zip-ties if i didnt have the stuff, holding up great and i already had to pull it down to show someone, then just push it back up to attach, beats drilling holes and simi-permanent zip-ties. I used it to attach cam to my 'special bracket' , i have pulled it down and put it back several times now also. very handy stuff, costs about $20 for 6 feet (3 feet when doubled together)

Last edited:
Okay, I'm getting ready to order this stuff, but I have a question. What's the difference between UFB35 and UFB50 5mm ferrites?

Okay, I'm getting ready to order this stuff, but I have a question. What's the difference between UFB35 and UFB50 5mm ferrites?

i did some research and came up with absolutely ZIP for an answer to that question. i suspect for our purposes , it doesnt matter all that much. i do know that UF cores main applications are for line filters. the numbers can be B35 or 35B and they generally seem to be more like a model number , and generally also overall total mass.

Yeah, me either. I order some UFB35s. Going to setup the system tonight to see if it's truly a power issue or is a faulty dash cam.

PurpleMoon, what size fuse did you use for this setup and which port did you use on the duel adapter (1 amp or 2.1 amp) or does it matter?

PurpleMoon, what size fuse did you use for this setup and which port did you use on the duel adapter (1 amp or 2.1 amp) or does it matter?

as small as you have, i think i had a 2 but maybe it was a 3 amp :) , a 5 would be fine too , whatever you have
either port, doesnt matter

Okay, maybe you can help me. I'm experiencing something with he Walmart 12V outlet that I've never seen before. Last night, it seemed to be working fine. This morning it's a no go. I measured the outlet with a voltmeter and I'm getting 12 volts. However, when I plug in the USB adapter (and I tried several) nothing. The adapter work fine in the stock outlets, but not the one I installed. Have you ever seen anything like that before?

Okay, maybe you can help me. I'm experiencing something with he Walmart 12V outlet that I've never seen before. Last night, it seemed to be working fine. This morning it's a no go. I measured the outlet with a voltmeter and I'm getting 12 volts. However, when I plug in the USB adapter (and I tried several) nothing. The adapter work fine in the stock outlets, but not the one I installed. Have you ever seen anything like that before?

no... sounds like a bad connection. dang, if it wasnt for BAD luck,i swear you wouldnt have ANY at all ;)

Okay, power problem SOLVED. As it turn out there must have been a slight film over top of the center post, which was likely do to the manufacturing process. At first I tried cleaning the sides of the outlet with alcohol. When that didn't work I cleaned the center post with alcohol using a Q-tip. After the center post cleaning everything is working fine. I'm hoping this post will help others with similar issues.

Perhaps my luck is improving–at least a little. :)

Last edited:
Back