0806 Audio noise & unstoppable motion detect

Okay, problem SOLVED. As it turn out there must have been a slight film over top of the center post, which was likely do to the manufacturing process. At first I tried cleaning the sides of the outlet with alcohol. When that didn't work I cleaned the center post with alcohol using a Q-tip. After the center post cleaning everything is working fine. I'm hoping this post will help others with similar issues.

Perhaps my luck is improving–at least a little. :)

yes, i (x-ing fingers) am positive its almost perfect now!!!

Hopefully, this new PurpleMoon setup (LOL) will resolve my noise problem. If not, I already have an RMA number from SpyTec and the 0806 will sadly have to be replaced. Fingers crossed. BTW, for anyone looking to purchase an 0806 my experience with SpyTec has been fantastic. I can't say enough good things about them.

Incidentally, one of the best things about PurpleMoon's setup is if my USB power adapter ever goes bad, it's much, much easier to replace than the 0806 hardwire kit since I won't have to remove the USB cabling that runs along the headliner. Plus, the components I used, IMHO, are much better quality.

Also, for anyone attempting this make sure you measure the length of micro USB cable you'll need. I purchased a 10' length when 6' would have worked better and left less cable for possible noise interference.

Sadly, the PurpleMoon setup made absolutely no difference in the high-pitched audio noise. It looks like this 0806 is going back. :(

Last edited:
Just heard from SpyTec. New 0806 is inbound and should arrive soon. Tech support speculated that something is probably grounded on the PCB board. Hopefully, the high-pitched noise will be a thing of the past.

PurpleMoon, what camera were you using to shoot the photos for your power setup under your dash? Your images look pretty crisp.

Okay, I just received my replacement 0806 from SpyTec. The box is labeled NO GPS. I'm assuming since SpyTec let me keep my original GPS mount that is why. Is there any difference in the mini 0806 itself?

Okay, I just received my replacement 0806 from SpyTec. The box is labeled NO GPS. I'm assuming since SpyTec let me keep my original GPS mount that is why. Is there any difference in the mini 0806 itself?
no

Back