0806 Mini Camera Problems

So I turning the screen off worked for a little while but now the 0806 is back doing the same thing.

The seller gave me a new link to some (New FW) as he called it
http://www.incargadget.com/ebay/bruce/carcam/0806/

So see if anything is changed

The firmware has a new boot up logo and a version number (0806 FW 20150130)

The ebay seller is also suggesting that I use class 6 cards, and that is what the problems is ????

Last edited:
Can i ask is the overheating problem has went when you downgrade the firmware?
We almost have the same problem but since my cam is not working anymore, could you please try to record while it was attached to your computer with the USB cable comes with the device and with the settings: power off delay: OFF, screen off delay: OFF and could you please try flicker: 60 HZ.

With this settings is the device getting hotter and hotter or remain at the operation temperature? After 1 hour could you please shut-off, wait 10 min and try to boot-up?
When my device broken i understand that the device is very hot with the hardwire kit than plugging with the USB cable.
I thought that it's again shut off because of heat, but, even the camera was not working, it was getting hot as it's working.
I remark on return road and detach the hardwire kit connection. Come to the forum to seek some help but my device wasn't powering anymore.

i'm also sending my hardwire kit to Mr. Rayman for them to check. I wonder is it fault of hardwire kit or not, (but as you already said you had the same problem while it was attached to the computer; then after firmware changes is it same while it was attached to the computer?)

The firmware has a new boot up logo and a version number (0806 FW 20150130)

that is an OEM firmware base on original 20150128. just boot logo changed.

Hi Rayman.
I would disassemble my camera to check but it would affect my ablitly to return it to the eBay seller cause I took it apart.

Also I have had the same fault while the 0806 was powered from a wall-plug-usb in the house and plugged into the top USB port of the unit. So I Dont think it is the GPS mount that is causing the issue.
I think my unit has something else going on with it

Shane, you can do that. I will be the responsible contact for you if you need a replacement.

Shane, you can do that. I will be the responsible contact for you if you need a replacement.

That would be really helpful Rayman, thankyou

Hi Shane,

Please feel free to contact our Australian Representative at the following page and they should be able to help:
http://www.sportgps.com.au/contacts

We have contacted them and Mike will help you out.

Just like to thank

Rayman.Chan
&
Mike @ www.sportgps.com.au

For organizing and replacing my 0806 camera, in such short time.
Excellent customers service guys and the new camera works well.

Got mine yesterday and GPS is not working. Light won't turn on at all. I've flashed two different firmwares and tried different settings.
I have messaged the contact, hope that's ok @Rayman.Chan

EDIT:
I would just like to point out that the GPS unit was working before I had turned the mounting part to put it in my car. After turning it the green light stopped flashing and will not appear anymore.

Last edited:
I would just like to point out that the GPS unit was working before I had turned the mounting part to put it in my car. After turning it the green light stopped flashing and will not appear anymore.

obviously the GPS cable was sorted too short in your camera body. (too much cables twined in the mount area)
If you want to save shipping time, you can make a DIY work to solder the wire inside.
I am quite sorry for this.

obviously the GPS cable was sorted too short in your camera body. (too much cables twined in the mount area)
If you want to save shipping time, you can make a DIY work to solder the wire inside.
I am quite sorry for this.
Gearbest hasn't replied to me and I have no soldering experience, I wouldn't be confident attempting to fix it sorry.
Shouldn't have broke in the first place really.

Hello,

My mini 0806 also was replaced 3 weeks ago and now it's working perfectly. Thanks again to Mr. Rayman @MEGtech

Just a small bug that i saw; seems like a programming bug:
And again for parking guard. Parking Guard has starting to work with the vibration of entering to the car and start to record.
It's recording 11 second with the battery power and stopping if you also turn the ignition on and start driving, in that 11 sec.
Manual start, ignition re-on and i'm not sure but another vibration let the camera to understand it's getting electricity and start to record.

Is there any option to choose the record time instead of 11 sec for parking guard?

Back