Finally official 2k support.
image-jpg.16447

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 431
Last edited by a moderator:
I have failed when 92% have somebody got .bin ? 23L

On the home page (before you connect the cam) go on settings (the 3 points in the top right corner)
Then tap on the firmware and download it
When the download is finished, tap on "select cam" and wait for the update

by
Maurizio Berti

Tried this without succuess. Still hangs on 90% :O

In my case it help, bitrate 1080p its only 11mbit in 2k 15mbit, need custom firmware :D

I have found firmware that my android app has downloaded :)
It is archived in gzip. I wonder if it will work if i will ungzip upload to my sd card and rename to firmware.bin.

Anyone tried this? :D

I just use 7-Zip to unzip the gzip , it works for me.
Edit, Yes it works till the end , firmware update.

I have found firmware that my android app has downloaded :)
It is archived in gzip. I wonder if it will work if i will ungzip upload to my sd card and rename to firmware.bin.

Anyone tried this? :D

Last edited:
I just use 7-Zip to unzip the gzip , it works for me.

Ungziping is not a problem :) Did you tried to upload firmware downloaded by app into sd card and flashing the cam?

> Anyone tried this

After uploading fw (downloaded by apk) and flashing the camera - fw is erased from SD card. However, it is possible to un-erase it and then modify bitrates and then reflash our cam with customized fw. ;)

Last edited:
With fw 1.2.12 - official, untouched - I get some strange artifacts on most of the jpgs, at both very bottom corners, see it attached...

Attachments

• artefacts.jpg
    artefacts.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 99
On the home page (before you connect the cam) go on settings (the 3 points in the top right corner)
Then tap on the firmware and download it
When the download is finished, tap on "select cam" and wait for the update

by
Maurizio Berti
Thanks, worked! no need to download to computer, copy to SD etc... - all done thrue the phone App!

With fw 1.2.12 - official, untouched - I get some strange artifacts on most of the jpgs, at both very bottom corners, see it attached...
I had this artefacts before with "YiMAX-movie script by nutsey for 1.2.10 firmware" when was there jpg+ raw but after deleted two lines from autoexec.ash artefacts gone. Now with 1.2.12 firmware no problem with pictures at all (123.jpg example of that artefacts when used untouched nutsey script)

Last edited:
That is a very old bug that seems to have resurfaced. It had something to do with enabling a feature in the app. Maybe date/time or rectification (now called "Lens Aberration Correction") or both... don't recall. Techmoan's review on YT mentions it.

Hello i'm New here just got my Xiaomi Yi Yesterday, last night i installed 1.2.10 hacked FW with 1080p with 60 and 30 fps at 35m/bit rate of recording , WORK PERFECTLY.
My question is about the new FW 1.2.12 i got the update but i dont know if i could install it because i'll lose the 35mbit option and i dont have a computer to make a hack on this FW to my self...
Also i putted today a autoexec.ash of YiMAX with the 2K option, also works great.
and this message always pops when i connect the Cam to my smartphone, its kinfa annoying... :)
what do you think should i upgrade or no?

... 1.2.12 i got the update but i dont know if i could install it because i'll lose the 35mbit option and i dont have a computer to make a hack on this FW to my self...
Members here have already begun modifying the 1.2.12 version of the firmware. Look in this thread:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xiaomi-yi-custom-firmware-with-lastest-revision.13557/page-3
There are several modded versions there. Look for one that is suitable for your camera's SN. Try some and see what you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
FW 1.2.12 mod bitrate value OK with AFT, bitrate address found, but still no idea how to find the resolution address. Need wait for @funnel 's information.

Back