128GB EVO Plus failure

Harsh

Reaction score
Country
India
First dash cam related card failure. Bought in June 2018, didn't expect it to fail so soon.

Shows up with SD Card Formatter but can't format. Disk Utility doesn't see the card.

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 2.38.20 AM.png

Last edited:
Disk Utility finally sees it but still no luck

Just had a SanDisk Ultra A1 128GB card go into read only mode about 2 weeks ago. It's about 14 months old with less use than my SanDisk Ultra A1 256GB cards, which are still going strong in my A129 DUO setups. GUI Formatter pretends to format it, but all the files are still there after. Other programs just say there is an issue with the card and won't proceed. I'll send it to SanDisk and see if they will replace, even though it's loaded with dash camera files.

This one was bought in June 2018 and was being used with the A129 Duo till about a couple of weeks back.

I'll also be sending it to the service centre. Let's see.

I'll send it to SanDisk and see if they will replace, even though it's loaded with dash camera files.
contact them beforehand and tell them it has sensitive data on it, they'll often advise to snap the card and send it in

My all black with red print Sandisk Ultra 128GB is still going strong. Has definitely seen a lot more hours.

Back