128GB Memory Card

jajajm11

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I realized my Thinkware Q800Pro has limited recording time with the 32GB bundled memory card as expected. Which 128GB card should I get?

I realized my Thinkware Q800Pro has limited recording time with the 32GB bundled memory card as expected. Which 128GB card should I get?

I got this one:
Samsung PRO Endurance 128GB Micro SDXC Card with Adapter - 100MB/s U1 (MB-MJ128GA/AM)

So far so good

Cool, thanks! I will order this one.

How happy are you with the video quality of the Q800Pro? I will admit I am not impressed. I can't even read the plates properly. It's too late to return it though.

Cool, thanks! I will order this one.

How happy are you with the video quality of the Q800Pro? I will admit I am not impressed. I can't even read the plates properly. It's too late to return it though.

very disappointed. My comments

I can return but then I had to pay S/H and other processing fee per items. I should have got it from Amazon then no those fees.

Thanks for linking to your comments. I can't return it and I am stuck with it. Very disappointed with Thinkware.

I think we should report to @Thinkware @Thinkware Dash Cam instead of being unhappy and kept to ourselves. I will email them the video of how I can't read license plate when car is parked at parking lot during day time. Hopefully they can fix with a newer firmware. Also if looked closely, you will see dot or pixel (i think that's what it called) in moving frame

Using Sandisk Ultra 400GB for about 4 weeks now. Works fine!
(I wasn't sure about formatting the card but it works right out of the box. Just insert into Q800 and it records just fine)

(I wasn't sure about formatting the card but it works right out of the box. Just insert into Q800 and it records just fine)

Are you using SanDisk 400Gb or Samsung 400Gb. On your post, u stated Samsung 400Gb

Is this the exact one you had, SanDisk 400GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-400G-GN6MA?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B074RNRM2B

Last edited:
Yes, exactly this one from Amazon link you posted above. I mixed up Samsung with Sandisk but actually it is SanDisk.

I think we should report to @Thinkware @Thinkware Dash Cam instead of being unhappy and kept to ourselves. I will email them the video of how I can't read license plate when car is parked at parking lot during day time. Hopefully they can fix with a newer firmware. Also if looked closely, you will see dot or pixel (i think that's what it called) in moving frame
Hello There, We are aware of the Grain/Noise in the Q800PRO's Video Quality, and we are working on developing a New Version of Firmware to resolve this. Our HQ in Korea is hard at work on this update, at this time this is our top priority to get released. We do not have an official date but are planning to push this out as soon as we can.

As for the return of the item, If purchased through us directly shipping is the responsibility of the customer. However we do not have any restocking/processing fees.

Hello There, We are aware of the Grain/Noise in the Q800PRO's Video Quality, and we are working on developing a New Version of Firmware to resolve this. Our HQ in Korea is hard at work on this update, at this time this is our top priority to get released. We do not have an official date but are planning to push this out as soon as we can.

As for the return of the item, If purchased through us directly shipping is the responsibility of the customer. However we do not have any restocking/processing fees.

I just received my Q800 PRO with front and rear camera and it’s being installed Wednesday. I got nervous after reading some of these reviews about video quality but am glad to hear you’re working on resolving the issue. Thank you!

Relax, Q800 is exactly doing what it is made for. Other Cams with same Hardware seems to have more crispy image but those won't help reading license plate better or showing more of the scenery.
So no need to be nervous, the Hardware is doing a great job and hopefully Thinkware releases updated FW without those noise there will be no doubt you made the right choice.

Cheers,

They released new firmware v1.01.01

I’m now having second thoughts because I’m seeing a lot of posts from users stating that the image quality is horrible with pictures to show. Do you know what could be causing other users to have lower image quality than others? Some users have different video quality than others. I’m asking because it’s making me nervous and second guessing my purchase. I was also told on a previous thread that the camera shuts off at 80 degrees Fahrenheit and above and the user is thinking about returning it. One of the reasons I bought the Q800 is because it’s advertised as being designed to withstand extreme temps and that was very important since I live in California and summers can get over 100+ degrees F. This is obviously a problem if the cam shuts off at 80F or higher. I appreciate any feedback/advice!

Are you sure you get 400gb storage? I do saw Thinkware app show about 400Gb but when i took the SD card to view in PC, Desktop show I have used 365gb and only about 1.1gb left. However, when I highlight all folder in Sd card it only show 113 usage.

I right click on SD drive then select Properties and it show 365gb Used and 1.1gb available

When I open SD and select all folders and files, then select Properties, it show 113gb usage

Ok now I see where the other 252gb gone to.. there’s a hidden folder named “.TWSYS”. In that folder there’s other subfolder that are the same as in the root sd card but the file is in .tmp

Back