129 Duo parking mode myth

I believe V 1.5. I run the older firmware. It's rock solid stable and never had a hiccup.
It's the fact, absolutely agree.
Tried different cards / FW versions / park modes - the only v1.5 (two cameras, low bitrate ParkMode) works.
AutoMotionDetect ParkMode DOES NOT work with 1.5, 1.9, 2.1 (freeze, gaps).
("Everything they touch turns into sh_t").

Last edited:
Hopefully someone has stored that FW somewhere even if it's on the manufacturer website, as sometimes that can be taken down/lost/etc :eek: Such as that has happened with a few cams I know of :(

Phil

Firmware 1.5 is the one and only firmware to use. All the others with buffered parking mode are garbage. The Sooner viofo accepts the fact they can't fix it and just puts their hand up and taps out the better.

As mentioned above pick the right fuse socket. I use my rear wiper fuse. Works a charm

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Did you resolve this issue? I just ordered the A129 Duo plus and will be installing in my 2019 Ridgeline. I have my radar detector hard wired to the fuse box with a fuse tap and have no issues. It was an empty slot, I can get you the slot number if you want. What fuse are you taking for constant power?
Viofa is showing the latest A129 Plus Duo Dash Camera firmware version number of the A129 Plus front camera is V1.0(20200925) and the rear camera is V1.0 (20200925). Is that what you are using?
See post 13 above to see what fuses I tapped. I am using firmware 2.1. Despite the claims of others in this thread, my unit is wired correctly and the parking motion detection does not work. If you read other threads you will see I am not the only one having this problem. See post 14 above. If VIOFO has a solution, they have not been forthcoming. This should have been plug and play. It is not. They kind of make it up as they go along. The customer support in China had no real solution. The seller suggested I contact this forum for advice. How’s that for support? Turns out it was good advice, kind people here helped me solve some problems. But why do we need to resort to the kindness and expertise of the people on this forum? Shouldn’t the company have sorted this out and engaged in meaningful support for this device? I hope it works if an incident occurs.

I ended up using slot 21 (DRL) for accessory power and slot 5 (ACC) for constant. All seems to be working properly. A129 Duo Plus. 2019 Ridgeline Black Edition. All seems to work as it should.

Make sure the USB on the hardwire kit is plugged into the slot on the side of the cam itself just next to the slot for the rear cam cable, not into the slot on top of the bit that glues to the glass.

Make sure the USB on the hardwire kit is plugged into the slot on the side of the cam itself just next to the slot for the rear cam cable, not into the slot on top of the bit that glues to the glass.

Why not use the slot on top?

Welcome to DCT @terry274 :)

Using the port on the cam is more reliable. Some people have had problems running the power through the mount. If you have a GPS mount it will still receive power this way ;)

Phil

Why not use the slot on top?

If you're plugging the camera into a USB slot in your car or the cig lighter or something then it won't make any difference. If you are using the 3-wire hardware kit then plugging it into the GPS mount (top port) will prevent the dashcam entering parking mode promptly once the ignition is turned off. The dashcam will still work fine while driving though.

Yeah im going to roll mine back to 1.5.

I had been running 1.9 modified bitrate firmware and started having some weird issues. Decided to give 2.1 a crack again just to properly try out buffered park mode (i mean, i'd be happy with a working event driven non buffered park mode.....like my old 119 had that worked fine, started recording when something moved and that was it).

Alas, i left it for a day in my garage (unit block so people walk by the locked door all the time).

I captured about 4 hours of "events", it did the one thing i find a deal breaker, and thats failed to record a segment multiple times

For example, In one video it gets triggered as people walk into frame, talking heading toward parked car and instead of a small overlap and continued recording of said people/car driving off, the next video is 30 odd seconds later, people and car is gone.

Or another one was of me, i triggered it as i was leaving the car initially after putting camera in to test, i went to the boot (i was clearly captured through the gap in the bootlid), it got to the end of the segment and should have gone on to capture me close boot, lock car and walk out/shut garage door. But nope, 30 odd secs later it starts and its just recording the closed garage door.

Its like it gets triggered and knows to start a new recording, but it doesn't record the next one, but instead records the segment "after" that one (which is often uselessly recording nothing....). I mean, what if that was in a carpark and captured someone walking by, then they damaged or done something to the car in that missing segment and left? Not good enough.

Also after about 4 hours, the card filled up and instead of overwriting its self (it was already mostly full of "driving" recordings) it just errored out and presumably beeped for the next full day.....

Time to just roll back to v1.5 i think and be done with it (Clearly no new firmwares will be coming for this camera not that they have 2 newer editions out, which funnily enough seem to have just as many, if not the same issues as this one.......they really shouldn't be allowed to list it as a feature/selling point if it doesn't even work.....

Back