1440p or 4k camera for car security

noncarbonatedclack

Reaction score
Country
United States
looking for something to provide my car with some security.
Prefer something with 1440p or 4k front, and 1080p or 1440p rear, if possible.

Not going for a battery pack for now for parking mode, but will get one in the future.
I was looking at the Viofo A129.. pro, I think?

I'd really like a security camera mount, like what blackvue has, but I dont see anyone else that has one.

Thoughts?

Viofo A229 Duo; 2K Front + 2K Rear.

I think I looked at this. This was with the new STARVIS sensor?
Do you know if this can drop down to 1440p 60fps? I tried checking it out but didn't see anything posted about changing resolution or FPS

looking for something to provide my car with some security.
Prefer something with 1440p or 4k front, and 1080p or 1440p rear, if possible.

Not going for a battery pack for now for parking mode, but will get one in the future.
I was looking at the Viofo A129.. pro, I think?

I'd really like a security camera mount, like what blackvue has, but I dont see anyone else that has one.

Thoughts?
I am using a Viofo A 139 dash cam and on my phone I have an app called Birds ai view. The app connects to the dash-cam video stream and record it to my phone. In the recorded stream it detects people and sends me notifications when someone is too close to my car. I can also get email notifications with the snapshot of the detected person if I give it internet connection. If without internet access, I can set it up to turn on an alarm on person detection. It’s pretty cool. I got it for free from google app store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unicordia.dc_free. For 24h surveillance you have to have a big car battery or a power bank that can work in a car. Mine works for about 48h.

Back