160507 Firmware?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
Has anyone tried the 160507 firmware? Does it do everything it claims? In terms of image quality, how does it compare with Nigel's awesome 150323-DCT firmware?

I installed the firmware the day before yesterday and tried it a bit.
At first reboot the cam started in Russian so it was a bit searching and trying where the language menu was :(
Then I recompiled the firmware with my language strings I made on the 150323 firmware (I added the Dutch language), I also changed the splash screens and added a silent boot and shutdown chimes. I just copied these from the last firmware and everything looks fine so far. I don't know if there were any changes in this new firmware in this area, I just gambled on trial and error.

I'm not impressed about the video quality but maybe it's because I was used to the quality of Nigel's work on the 150323 firmware.
I could not test the card switching yet if this is improved, I only filled about 30GB of the 64GB some some miles to go before I can report on this.

@Nigel
Could you do your excellent work also on this firmware to improve the quality as you did on the 150323 firmware? Please? :)

I'm willing to do it myself if I knew which values I have to change
Nigel's table of the 150323-DCT Firmware
2rh6anb.jpg

Current firmware 160507
nxqfx0.jpg

I guess at least bitrate #3-5, #12-14, #45-50, so all rows which contains the range 1.0?

Last edited:
I've been using it since it came out and it seems fine. Nothing really special compared to previous versions. Still have an occasional freeze (only know about it because there's memory dump files on the SD card). The half hour timezone thing is a lie, they did not actually add that.

Back