2 Months after purchase, I have my first collision!

inattentive driving... no excuse to hit a vehicle at that speed - she was clearly distracted and I wouldn't feel sorry for her, she literally just choose to put herself at risk!

Hope you and the other drivers get better.

I learned about Blackvue from Vortex who's a YouTuber. The 900S 2-CH is the first dash cam from Blackvue I've got. I do have a Navman Duo (GPS 1080P 30FPS front dash cam in one) but it has significantly weaker video quality to the 900S. And then 900S records both front and rear with better video quality. Also have the 240 something Blackvue battery for parking mode and a Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB SD card.

I got my 1st car last month (Toyota Aqua [Prius C] 2013 Signature Class). Also paid NZ$704 upfront for a 12 month Toyota Full Comprehensive Insurance. My car has a 5 year Toyota warranty, 5 year AA Roadside Assist, 2 years free servicing.

Dash cams can be very useful. But they can be fun too (recording something funny or something that happens, not talking about crashes).

It's a good investment having the 900S as it's currently like the best dashcam on the market especially when you compare it to Navman the 900S has much better video/picture quality and you can read licence plates more than just 30cm away. You get to share drive videos on YouTube etc.

If you ask me I don't know how some people got away with getting their Driver Licence. Pure ignorance, immaturity, impatience, or just unintentional accidents.

One tip would be to record in H.264 format. A lot of devices and software don't accept H.265 and it's not compatible and not widely adopted as of yet. That's why when the 900S came out they mentioned H.265 as being "new" codec. It has better compression, but it also has compatibility issues. Power Director can't play H.265 videos but Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player can. So that could be a tip for claiming insurance. Record in H.264 cause it's a lot more compatible.

One tip would be to record in H.264 format. A lot of devices and software don't accept H.265 and it's not compatible and not widely adopted as of yet. That's why when the 900S came out they mentioned H.265 as being "new" codec. It has better compression, but it also has compatibility issues. Power Director can't play H.265 videos but Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media Player can. So that could be a tip for claiming insurance. Record in H.264 cause it's a lot more compatible.

You can always transcode (convert) H.265 video to H.264 format, if necessary. For example: http://www.pavtube.com/convert-h265-to-h264.html.

Here's an article explaining how to add the H.265 codec to your Windows installation: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/play-hevc-coded-videos-on-windows-10

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 23
Back