2 x 1ch or 1 x 2ch cam setup?

dave798

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
K1s , Mobius , SG9665GC
I am wondering what are peoples views on either K1s which is a 2ch cam setup or 2 mini 0826 cameras setup. I really would appreciate some advice as I am keen to purchase very soon but only have £200 available and these are just about in my price range or are there any alternatives I should be looking at for a front and rear camera setup that should give me decent image quality within my price range.

many thanks for any opinions that are posted

0826 is an unknown quantity but based on previous models at least should have much better video and audio quality than the K1S, depends what's important to you as to what is the better choice, maybe something better up front and something like a Mobius in back is worth thinking about

Im with the Joker and surprised he didn't mention the Panorama X2........ Yes the firmware is buggy but they are working on it.

Mobius is one of many they talk about here but Im waiting for the JooVoo X.

Research here on DCT is your key and it does take time to evaluate without buying and/or end up with a dozen lemons......

Welcome :cool:

Im with the Joker and surprised he didn't mention the Panorama X2........ Yes the firmware is buggy but they are working on it.

Mobius is one of many they talk about here but Im waiting for the JooVoo X.

Research here on DCT is your key and it does take time to evaluate without buying and/or end up with a dozen lemons......

Welcome :cool:

lots I could have mentioned if the budget was larger, I appreciate that people have budgets and may only want to spend that much so try and keep to suggestions that work within that

Whaaaaat......... Pounds or dollars shipping to where....... The OP said £200

JooVuu stocks the K1S. However, I've never used (except when testing) a 2 channel set up.

If you have a cigarette port in the back of the car I'd go for 1channel x 2. Each camera is their own and if something goes wrong with one you don't have to replace the whole thing just that one camera. Again just personal preference really.

Cheers,

Dan

There have been a few reports of people running 2 x 1ch setups, where one of the cameras failed to record, either before or during the accident. If reliability is a factor, then I would recommend a single 2 channel solution. Though I have no info on the model you specified, something with a screen or some other active indicator for recording would be useful. That last thing you want is to find out that the camera never recorded anything, either because of bad firmware, overheating, power disruption, corrupt SD or some other factor. The same could apply to a 1 x 2 solution, but it is more likely to be mounted up front near the driver, who hopefully will notice any erratic behavior and take timely action.

KuoH

okay so my search continues and people are now swaying me towards the panorama x2 and I have found this which is just within my budget https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00VV3SJSA now because of the size of the main unit (front camera) I am now wanting to put main unit in rear screen and rear camera in front screen (is this possible) I drive a vauxhall/opel insignia and wondered would the cables reach but noticed I have a mini fuse box in my boot so may just hardwire to there. I have searched for the best price and cant seem to find cheaper also the seller is listed as panorama so maybe okay for any after sales support. have also found STREET GUARDIAN SG9665GC which looks very good but cant seem to find a seller in the UK somebody please put me out of my misery and point me towards my ideal dashcam options include
mini 0826 x 2
k1s
panorama x2
STREET GUARDIAN SG9665GC (2 units)
am willing to increase my budget for the right dashcam but want to make my purchase sooner rather than later

Last edited:
2 x 1ch over 1 x 2ch any day, twice on Sunday.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. ;)

You need to decide what you want it for. If for parked up damage (my main use) then you may want to consider a buffer, where it records and saves a few seconds from before the incident. If hwoever, you are only interested in recording whilst driving, then soft wired to your car and cheaper options are necessary.

My wanting 4 cameras and always on protection leads me to a double battery backup solution with either (need to decide this week) 2 x 2 or 4 x 1 setup.

2 x 1ch over 1 x 2ch any day, twice on Sunday.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. ;)

Incident triggers front camera but just off camera action so no useful recording and rear camera is not triggered and thus saves nothing.

End result = a waste of time.

A 1 x 2 camera setup would automatically see the rear camera record and hey presto, you catch the villain keying your car !

Back