20 mins recording after car stopping.

savash

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi guys,

When I close the car, the camera keeps recording for 20 mins. How can I lower that?

If I close the camera when I stop the car, by pressing it, I have to open the camera by myself, which is annoying.

20 mins recording uses car battery right? Is it dangerous for car battery?

how can i remove or lower the 20 mins ? there is options at 20 30 40 50 mins but not 1 or 5 mins. Is it possible?

Welcome to the forum savash.
The reason are probably that the fuse / socket you use for powering the camera are powered on for a while after you turn off the car.

But the 20 minutes are not anything for your battery unless it is very close to dying anyway, i personally use parking guard in one of my cameras, so it record for 3 hours after i am parked.
That cover all my shopping, and at home or other places i visit there is CCTV so not really a need to do parking guard there.
Also my car battery are very small ( small car, small battery ) even if i have replaced the original 45 Ah battery with one that is 50 Ah
The cameras i have tested parking guard in, and that do have a build in timer, well the timer start at 1 hour, and most often 48 hours is the MAX, though before that low voltage would probably kick in.
I use low bitrate recording for parking guard myself, this mean the camera use a lower bitrate to create smaller files and generate less internal heat when parked, so in my case 3 minutes of parking guard footage might be 130 MB where as 3 minutes of regular recording are 3-400 MB in size

You say there are options for longer times. this confuse me a little ( not familiar with this brand / model )
But with that i assume that either the camera have a build in battery, or it is powered using the OBD port. ( or a hard wire kit )
But the cameras i have tested and t hat did come with a hard wire kit, well the fact you use that do not force you to use parking guard at all, there is always a OFF option too.

Your car battery only start to suffer if it get to really low voltages, but if it is over 12.2 volts you should be fine, i also use a 12.2 volt cut off on my system even if the timer stop the recording long before the camera drop to 12.2 volts.

Hi Kamkar, thanks for detailed answer.

My car battery is varta 72 ah,and I got it new 3 months ago, I think Im good now,

My camera is below:

1685511091023.png

Back