20150129 cop pulling the car behind me, thankfully not me. ;)

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
20150129 cop pulling the car behind me, thankfully not me. ;)

I noticed the cop pointing speed gun (@ 6 secs in the video) but since there was a red light, I was already under the speed limit so didn't care for the cop until I saw red and blue lights flashing inside my car after the intersection (@44 secs in the video) and I was like what the hell now?
Thankfully, it was for the car behind me.

Dashcam: G1WH from Gearbest.com
DOD LS300 firmware.
Datetime is not set correctly.

Someone did not want to stop.

hehe sort of the same happened to me yesterday, not speed though, but they did a radio request on my plates for sure, and then found out that there is no warrents on me and i am unknown in "KR" KR beeing "Kriminal Registeret" the cops computer files :D

Funny how ppl with my background can smell a cop a mile avay :oops: but i have to admit the unmarked cars have become allmost impossible to spot these days.
If they only knew what i did in my young days, the printer would still be going :D:oops::rolleyes:

sure took that miata a while to decide to stop, which won't bode well for him/her getting out of the ticket. woulda been more interesting if he tried to run. those mazdaspeed miatas are quick and handle pretty well, even bone stock. i got to drive one with a few small mods at a race. even in the wet it was a blast.

I found the last 90 seconds very interesting :rolleyes:

Hehe, I joined two clips and thought I trimmed the last most interesting moments but looks like I didn't. :D

sure took that miata a while to decide to stop

LOL, Miata's in for a Failure to Stop citation as well and whatever he was pulled over for, and possibly a hauling out onto the asphalt for good measure.

Flashy lights? Oh, ummm..... Maybe..... ummmm..... I'll get into the other lane.
Flashy lights merged behind me? ummmm.... what's that for? Maybe I'll get back into the left lane so that the cop can pass me.
Wait, why are the flashy lights still behind me? I didn't do anything. I guess I'll just keep driving. The cop must just be going to the same place as me!

LOL, Miata's in for a Failure to Stop citation as well and whatever he was pulled over for, and possibly a hauling out onto the asphalt for good measure.

Flashy lights? Oh, ummm..... Maybe..... ummmm..... I'll get into the other lane.
Flashy lights merged behind me? ummmm.... what's that for? Maybe I'll get back into the left lane so that the cop can pass me.
Wait, why are the flashy lights still behind me? I didn't do anything. I guess I'll just keep driving. The cop must just be going to the same place as me!

Hehe...
But I don't think it's failure to stop.
There was really not a good place to stop without blocking a lane. Blocking a lane is a no no. There is no shoulder on either side.
1st light was too close to change lane and turn right as there was no street on the left.
2nd light had no street on the right so turned left on the 3rd light. If he/she was still in left lane, left on 2nd light was possible.
I still can see cop's light moving after making a left but hopefully it stopped soon after.
Btw, you can see Miata's sun visor was fully down even though the Sun was long gone.
Maybe that's why he/she couldn't see the cop easily.

Ya the old "my sun visor was down so I couldn't see behind me" excuse. That's the answer! :D

wel it's not because the plastic back window had clouded and turned opaque like it did on my first gen miata... cuz all second gen miatas (that's a late 2nd gen) have glass back windows. and lucky for me, it's a direct fit swap to put a gen2 top on my gen1.

Ya the old "my sun visor was down so I couldn't see behind me" excuse. That's the answer! :D

No no, not after the flashing lights.
I meant the driver could have seen cop on the shoulder and could have slowed down but the visor being fully down, driver is more focused on the lane straight ahead than looking around.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eric S Your Dash Cam Videos (recorded by you) 33
Back