2021 Climate Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
But just like your "milk" floats they faded away into the dust bin of history.
We still use electric milk floats:

The notion of producing nitrogen fertilizer with electricity seems a worthy one but its success remains to be seen. At best it would likely be a niche product for certain farmers.
Not niche at all, most farmers use nitrogen fertiliser, and in future most of it will come from green electricity.

I am partial to Ammonium Nitrate myself. ;)

We still use electric milk floats:

I don't see that these "floats" have much of anything to do with Teslas . You could say the same about golf carts, but like your floats they have literally nothing to do with what Tesla has achieved bringing electric passenger cars into the mainstream.

Not niche at all, most farmers use nitrogen fertiliser, and in future most of it will come from green electricity.

We simply don't know that yet and however it is done there is no guarantee this company will remain in the forefront.

I don't see that these "floats" have much of anything to do with Teslas . You could say the same about golf carts, but like your floats they have literally nothing to do with what Tesla has achieved bringing electric passenger cars into the mainstream.
Well our electric car industry last century was not hugely successful, although everyone does know about the Sinclair C5

We simply don't know that yet and however it is done there is no guarantee this company will remain in the forefront.

We didn’t know that Tesla would survive either, it nearly didn’t, but ammonia from green electricity is already here and in the process of massive scale up. Net zero farming has no sensible future without it.

We didn’t know that Tesla would survive either, it nearly didn’t, but ammonia from green electricity is already here and in the process of massive scale up. Net zero farming has no sensible future without it.

Well yes, like any other venture, we didn't know if Tesla would survive, but they did and went on to huge success as the world's most valuable motor vehicle manufacturer. The very same thing happened with Apple Computer which also nearly went under but after Steve Jobs returned to the company in 1997 it went on to become the world's most valuable corporation, with a current market cap of more than $2 trillion.

Often, it is not the business the company itself is in necessarily but the vision, skills and perseverance of the founding CEO. That is what we have seen from both Elon Musk and Steve Jobs. There are many other visionary industry leaders of course. Richard Branson and Jeff Bezos come to mind. It's not like Bezos invented online shopping or Branson invented commercial airlines or record companies or space tourism with Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Records or Virgin Galactic. Then again there are far, far more failures; even promising ones with good ideas and products.

Regardless of what happens with the green nitrogen fertilizer, green ammonia and green hydrogen industries, the success of FuelPositive under the leadership of CEO Ian Clifford remains to be seen and whether or not he can live up to his hyerbolic predictions about the future of his company as a game changer. Many other CEOs might wait until they see how things fair for their new startup before they begin comparing themselves to someone like Elon Musk or Tesla. In the meantime, many other companies are racing to enter the space including major oil companies like BP and Chevron that have vastly more resources at their disposal for developing new technologies.

Last edited:
No, I don't feel threatened by a little man like you who enters each and every thread on this forum with a self-righteous attitude and a chip on your shoulder. With each of your provocative, disjointed posts and ad hominem attacks you sound more and more unhinged and disconnected from reality. It is hard to believe you are still at this but obsessive compulsive, derisory posting that goes on for days and days every time you go out of your way to pick a petty fight with me is a routine at this point. This is what internet trolls do, of course. But none of this has anything to do with you having anything worthwhile to say or contribute to the forum, it's really all about you looking for conflict, which is something you are apparently addicted to.

I've got you figured out now. This is hilarious. You're a person who when confronted with facts, attempts to divert, deflect, and sidetrack a discussion to take away the fact you were wrong. And when that fails, you have baited me to get threads locked. So you can walk away "saving face".

Man this must be a bruising to your ego about now! Having to defend your position without hiding behind Mods / Ops? Ouch.

As for Elon Musk nearly going bankrupt, that is old news that I referred to it in my first post about this. You know, the post you chose as a catalyst to engage this moronic spat with me several days ago.

Actually, it isn't old news. Because you blatantly stated in no fewer words that Elon Musk is the benchmark to achieve. Glossing over that he had MANY BUMPS and near complete failures (i.e. almost going bankrupt) before reaching his current status as the most valued brand in the world.

That's a significant amount of Hubris on your part. That ANYONE who attempts to invent and shoots for the stars, is overreaching by trying to shake up the world with a new invention. Even if the guy ends up failing, and his invention goes nowhere. Success don't happen, and dreams aren't achieved, without many failures along the way.

Because I questioned the value of the device Nigel was presenting you feel entitled to go on a multi-day accusative, obsessive rant. That's a good one! The thing I focused on more than the invention itself was the absurd hyperbole the CEO used when he compared his barely tested new invention by making comparisons to the disruption that Elon Musk’s Tesla has brought to the automobile sector after 18 years of hard work. Of course, you ignore that because it doesn't fit your narrative and because you apparently don't pay attention.

:unsure: 18 years of hard work, including near complete failures and bankruptcy.....

I certainly didn't gloss over anything I meant it as a compliment to Musk. Tesla had several near death experiences along the way but now that the company is the most valuable motor vehicle manufacturer in the world it is simply a testament to Musk's perseverance and is something that he can wear as a badge of honor. And the army of Tesla short sellers in the stock market that spent years expecting to profit off of their anticipations and hope for Tesla's demise have all had to run away with their tails between their legs.

O so now admitting that success isn't immediate or happens overnight. And yet, you put down the CEO in @Nigel's story for "his barely tested new invention" and comparing himself to Elon Musk.

Remind me: What have you invented that changed the world? Or what have you invented and patented in your lifetime?

Lots of talk for someone I will bet large amounts of money whose lifetime achievements and inventions stand at ZERO!

I do find it fascinating that you have the habit of repeatedly accusing me of the behaviors you yourself are the one to regularly engage in. It is a symptom of a particular personality disorder actually.

So, this time around you characterize my brief reply to you as "rant" and then immediately launch into another one of your tedious and pointless tirades. Just amazing!

Victim Card again. Man, can't you stick to the facts?

1. You've resorted to insults, because you've lost credibility. Again, when you can't get a thread locked, and feel challenged, you pout!

While your overinflated sense of superiority leads you to believe that Tesla is nothing more than a "feel good" car, actual experts recognize the brand as the pioneering leader in the transition to the future of electric vehicle transportation, one that is vital to a carbon free future. And how many CEOs literally give away their primary patents for a world changing technology? You really oughta' be more careful and discerning about who and what you "escape goat"! :smuggrin:

2. Your own words are your worst enemy!

I'm not getting this thread locked. But looks like you're doing your best to try and save face!

Last edited:
The bickering on this thread has gone on too long. Best to focus on dash cams, hence locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back