24/7 Parking Mode?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR970X-2CH
I work from home and haven't been driving much. My 970X is on Parking Mode. My car is on a trickle charger.

Are there any concerns with having (any dashcam) it running 24/7? My concern is, at least with the 970X, is it's hot. The garage is climate controlled.

I want to ease my mind as I continue to seek a "set/forget" goal.

Being as your routine connects/disconnects the trickle charger add plugging/unplugging the camera to your ritual. There should be no need to have the camera on while in your garage.

Being as your routine connects/disconnects the trickle charger add plugging/unplugging the camera to your ritual. There should be no need to have the camera on while in your garage.
Good point. I could just pull its plug. TY. It's always the simple things.

Most dashcams when using parking guard if you long press the power button after you have parked and the camera have turned into parking guard mode, that will turn off parking guard for that one time, next startup everything will be back to normal, including the camera going to parking guard when you park.

I personally use a timer in the camera as i have no need for long duration parking guard, so to conserve my little battery i use 3 hours on the timer as that is enough for all my shopping needs, and elsewhere where i go there are CCTV coverage.
So right now my car parked in the back yard look like this on CCTV.

car.jpg

Can the general public access CCTV? In the movies it seems the police have it at their fingertips.. and, where/how is this "immense" amount of data stored?

Back