2ch Cowon AF2 1080p + 720p / 23fps Super WDR

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
There are some leaked information about Cowon will be announcing soon their flagship 2ch 1080p + 1080p / 30fps dash camera, AutoCapsule AF2.
It's going to have Super WDR. Not sure if word "super" is just a marketing trick, or it will have same WDR function as many other present days dash cameras.
There are no info on english yet. The only info and some specs are on the Korean language ( check last picture ).

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

Source:
http://www.cowon.com/intro/20130906/wdr.html
http://ijoa20.blog.me/

Last edited:
sounds interesting, unfortunately cowon's execution has been weak until now :(

I have a very good experience with their portable mp3 players. They know how to do a high quality stuff. Probably they still exploring dash cam world, but i am sure one day they can positively surprise us. Maybe even with this new model?

Lens stuck in the middle of a large box?
So, not discrete? Especially given what looks to be a bright orange LED right alongside the lens!

long and short exposure, sounds good, I will be very interested to the demo video.
but there seems lots of 2 chs 1080P dashcam are coming soooooooooooooooon, too.

Finally Cowon Korea website have more info about this model:

http://blackbox.cowon.com/product/COWONAF2/product_page_1.php

Unfortunately no info on Cowon global yet:

http://www.cowonglobal.com/

Some specs

- Front camera lens F2.2, rear lens F2.0
- 126 degree view diagonal
- Front and rear CMOS 1/3"
- 60Fps Super WDR, 3D Noise Deduction, Defog Function
- 3.5" LCD touch screen
- 1ch rec: front camera 1080p 30fps
- 2ch rec: front camera 1080p 23fps, rear camera 720p 23fps
- H.265 Mpeg4-4AVC
- working temperature -20+60

Google translated overview:
http://news.hankooki.com/lpage/it_tech/201310/h20131016105745122300.htm

'AF2' high-performance sensor and ISP (Image Signal Processing) chip internally via video at 60 frames per second shooting and auto-correction that 'Super WDR' function I / rear camera applied to both the world's first product, the front pool HD, Rear HD video recording, 3.5 inches of high-resolution large-screen LCD that can be sent directly to the top-level premium is the black box. 'AF2' 'super WDR' target of the shooting light and dark because of all of your images to compensate for backlight , such as the night aroundillumination even in a rapidly changing environment of the crisp contrast image can be obtained. illumination with low noise night shots without a clear picture that implement the '3 D Noise Reduction "feature and sharpen the image in a foggy day which compensation "fog removal (Defog) 'ability to mount. 3.5-inch full touch LCD, also via the 'PIP (Picture-in-Picture) mode' before / rear video can be seen at the same time, an intuitive touch- Everyone can easily play the recorded file in the UI of the device operation, such as the recording environment can set a variety of user-friendly add-ons raised more noteworthy. Move backward orparking at the rear allows convenient use video 'MIRROR View' mode was added, accident analysis is useful for image zoom in and capture capability Step 4 added. Protection against exposure to high temperature products, regular power function, battery protection and a safety specification and Voice Guide , Voice Recording , External GPS , bike-only mode can also have faithfully. abroad widely acclaimed series automatic capsule-specific sensory The advantage of the design is Of the vehicle and any color naturally blend that make up the body of black color and sleek silver frame with a combination of professional camera that rivals have implemented luxurious appearance.Prominent orange light at night LED operating status information of the fashionable colors as well assecurity features to be both. Cowon Optics and CEO, "featuring the world's first two-channel Super WDR black box 'AF2' the best video recording capability, and high-end implementation black box, "said" the unique features video recording and playback, as well as the strengths of the various features and exceptional levels of 10 heavy duty tested to strict quality future premium black box is equipped to be a new standard in the market, "he said. while , Cowon 'AF2' With the release of itswebsite (www.cowon.com) in the 'AF2', MP3, earphones, etc. to provide a rich prize quiz eventsfrom one month to 16 days this will continue. 'AF2' product price based on the amount of 420 000 9,000 won (16G), 46 만 9000 won (32G) is

design_01.jpg
design_02.jpg
design_03.jpg
design_04.jpg

features_a_01.jpg
features_a_02.jpg
features_a_03.jpg
features_a_04.jpg

features_a_10_1.jpg
features_a_14.jpg

backview_off.jpg

features_a_16.jpg
features_a_11.jpg
features_b_02.jpg
features_b_03.jpg
features_b_05.jpg
features_b_06.jpg
features_b_07.jpg
features_b_08.jpg

spec_01.jpg

Night video did not fit into last post ( only max 5 videos per post allowed ).

Looks interesting but are you sure it is 1080p front and 1080p back? The Koreans typically call 1080p "Full HD" and 720p "HD" and in the description it states Full HD + HD which I assume = 1080p front and 720p back. Also the rear video on Youtube is 720p.

Really these Korean manufacturers need to stop creating image based websites so at least we can translate them with Google or Chrome!

Looks interesting but are you sure it is 1080p front and 1080p back? The Koreans typically call 1080p "Full HD" and 720p "HD" and in the description it states Full HD + HD which I assume = 1080p front and 720p back. Also the rear video on Youtube is 720p.

Really these Korean manufacturers need to stop creating image based websites so at least we can translate them with Google or Chrome!

Heheee, yesterday myself added this into my post ( - 2ch rec: front camera 1080p 23fps, rear camera 720p 23fps ),
but I forgot to change title. Now its done. Thanks for attention.

Yes, its very hard to translate image based websites. I do translate them ( if really need ) via android mobile phone image google translator, but its pain in the .... , can to select few words at a time and it takes ages before you get to full translation.

Not that great night video recording despite having WDR. Maybe its not real WDR but firmware enchanced ? Still, even firmware enchanced, - it should give much better night video recording.

Below is comparison video Cowon AF2 vs new Finecu CR-2000S

Daytime WDR looks working fine for both Cowon AF2 vs Finevu CR-2000S

If looking individual footage ( without comparison to other models ), then from below video sample can read numberplates at night front and back, but dont forget that city streets lights plays big role on how good can be details readings at night

DEFOG - is very interesting feature for day and night driving, but I am not sure how it exactly works. Probably its just an option on the PC viewer / player when you playing video files it enhances some brightness-related settings, - not sure, its only my speculations.

New price from Jae 18.02.2014
1. Added:
COWON Auto Capsule AW2 - $385
COWON Auto Capsule AF2 - $291
COWON Auto Capsule AE2 - $181

c4a57f12fca2.png

Back