2ch Sony Exmor 1080p/30fps + 720p/30fps GPS BlackSys CF-100

Thanks for the links guys. Gibson99, I don't know how I missed that link. I have poured over this thread twice and didn't notice that one. Pier28, I should be able to get everything I need at Newegg, correct? Are there any other suggestions anyone would have for someone ready to pull the trigger on this cam?

I just find it odd that the higher end cameras have no actual "leg up" over the lower priced cams that I can see. Decent lens on this one and similar features. The only thing I would prefer is wifi so that I could easily view footage but that novelty would probably wear off quickly.

With the software, can you you move the GPS map to a certain point? Let's say you remember an incident at Main St. And First St. Can you to move that point on the map and view it from there? In other words, is the video playback "real time" with the GPS map?

to me the leg(s) up for this setup is (when compared to the a118 and f70 i also own):

1) all the features actually work! motion detection and the accelerometer (g-sensor) are a sad joke on both the f70 and a118. in fact on the a118, if the gsensor is on, it will eventually throw a CARD FULL error and just stop working, even though it hasn't actually locked any files. both these features work perfectly on the cf100.

2) build quality. the a118 isn't bad, but the cf100 feels more polished and i dunno, it just seems like a nicer product. the a118 still feels almost like a prototype (a very polished prototype, but still not perfect) by comparison. the f70 just seemed cheap.

3) cf100 has a capacitor instead of a battery - BIG plus for me, living in the heat and humidity of the gulf coast.

4) actual support: just try to contact the manufacturer - hell, try to find out who the actual manufacturer is - for any of the cheap chinese dashcams! with the cf100, you have the cammsys website and they publish firmwares and documentation in an easy to find manner.

5) warranty - it's longer on the cammsys stuff - most chinese stuff, if it has a warranty at all, is only provided through the seller, and seems to be only 30-90 days, tops. if i remember right, the cf100 has a 1 year warranty.

i think if you're going to buy this camera, don't get just the single channel - get both. it's worth it.

Last edited:
i missed your gps question. i haven't tried that but i doubt it. you'll have to either remember to hit the emergency button so it'll flag that file as an event, or try to remember WHEN it happened, and find it based on the date/time in the filename.

Back