3 Beeps - messed up SD Card

Joel Irwin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Came back into the garage as I normally did and turn off the car. Instead of the normal shutdown sound it beeped three times and I shut it off manually. Waited a bit and turned the car back on to see if unit worked and it turned on fine with the expected sound. Then shut it off again and it shut off fine.

In house, looked at card. I am using a spare 8 GB SD card which was working fine until today (while I wait for the Samsung 64 GB I ordered). Looked like the card was almost full but only one MOV file (the one I got from that last turn on). Should not have turned it on since that one file clobbered the final file I could have used before the 3 beeps (you learn....)

I was able to recover all the files with Recuva (except for the last one) to another location and I used the unit to reformat the card.

Not sure what caused the 3 beeps and the messing up of the files in the first place but of course, I/we can blame it on the sd card. I'll see if it happens again though I should be switching to Samsung in the next 3 or so days.

Came back into the garage as I normally did and turn off the car. Instead of the normal shutdown sound it beeped three times and I shut it off manually. Waited a bit and turned the car back on to see if unit worked and it turned on fine with the expected sound. Then shut it off again and it shut off fine.

In house, looked at card. I am using a spare 8 GB SD card which was working fine until today (while I wait for the Samsung 64 GB I ordered). Looked like the card was almost full but only one MOV file (the one I got from that last turn on). Should not have turned it on since that one file clobbered the final file I could have used before the 3 beeps (you learn....)

I was able to recover all the files with Recuva (except for the last one) to another location and I used the unit to reformat the card.

Not sure what caused the 3 beeps and the messing up of the files in the first place but of course, I/we can blame it on the sd card. I'll see if it happens again though I should be switching to Samsung in the next 3 or so days.

Hi Joel,

We at GRDIAN have tested different cards and have gotten the same result. Although our device is different from the Mini 0806. From what I can guess is that the microSD card transfer speed is not fast enough. The Mini 0806 is very picky of what type and brand it uses.

We find that Samsung Pro Plus microSD cards works best. Our DEFENDR dash cam is essentially a Mini 0806, but redesigned. On our dash cam we have not had any issues with the Samsung's Pro Plus microSD. Hope that helped.

What about the Samsung Evo 64 GB. I have been using this 8 GB card while that one is on order.

What about the Samsung Evo 64 GB. I have been using this 8 GB card while that one is on order.

We've tested the Samsung Evo 16GB on our devices and have not had any issues, but are not too sure about the 64GB. What we are sure of is Samsung Pro Plus.

My Samsung EVO 64 GB should come tomorrow. I'll see how it works and let people know.

Bottom line on this 3 beep SD card corruption issue originally posted, from what you suggest is a SD card issue.

My Samsung EVO 64 GB should come tomorrow. I'll see how it works and let people know.

Bottom line on this 3 beep SD card corruption issue originally posted, from what you suggest is a SD card issue.

Great! Again, it may be different from our device but a warning message similar to "low speed card" should pop up when you hear the 3 beeps. It could be a number of issues but this was what caused our device to beep 3 times.

see my new post. Have now ordered a Samsung Pro Plus 64.

p.s. - the original post here was incorrect - it didn't mess up the card - it just reformatted it and left one file (which clobbered the last file from before the format). All the other files could be 'undeleted'.

Back