360º DashCam of The Future

the indoor lens is the challenge, front and rear is easy

2mobius.jpg

that would have a great view of the back of the mirror in my car

Do You say that would occupy much space, which is little discreet?
you explain to me a little more what you mean

Do You say that would occupy much space, which is little discreet?
you explain to me a little more what you mean

means like that and with the front camera where I want the back would be behind the mirror, the problem with an inside camera is where to mount it where it's effective enough, doing something custom is no big deal, to make it as a mass produced product though is full of challenges

Nice.

Again i need that thumbs up smily :)

maybe they could do a six Mobius version instead
THE SECRET OF GOPRO CAMERA FOR VIDEO PRODUCTION 360.
GoPro Cameras and other action cameras, have an unusual format or resolution, which is not present in the world of car cameras, other video format (you could say different one 1440x1080p - 4/3). Hero 1, 2 and 3 offer a resolution 1280x960P, 1920x1440p for Hero3 Black. What we get with this video format is wider VFOV. Not so with the video format 1440x1080p 4:03 . the conclusion is that we need fewer cameras to complete a sphere.

I think we probably , 6 mobius or 6 innovv C2 are not enough for complete sphere

The resolution offered is chipset dependent, others use this as well, its not just a GoPro thing, its obviously a limited application though so its not like it would be worthwhile to build something like this for such a limited market

The resolution offered is chipset dependent, others use this as well, its not just a GoPro thing, its obviously a limited application though so its not like it would be worthwhile to build something like this for such a limited market

Although it is an emerging market, today, you're probably right. The option is to change the lens, but are also few cameras that allow easily replace your lens. CamOne, Mobius, 808, I do not know more or work with many cameras...

Here Jim Waters uses a lot of Mobius (14 cameras). This video goes beyond the 360, also is to visualize 3D with 3D glasses and special players like Vrplayer Oculus Rig

Experiment of Jim Waters

This video goes beyond the 360, also is to visualize 3D with 3D glasses and special players like Vrplayer and Oculus Rift

Last edited:
I hope the Ocolus rift are at a resonable prize, i would love to get a pair and use them as a base for DIY night vision goggles.

I know there is cheaper video goggles, but they dont rock my boat so to say.

Augmented driving anyone ?
Is it really needed to have 4 laser scanners and god know what on front of a car to have a computer steer it.

Augmented driving anyone ?
Is it really needed to have 4 laser scanners and god know what on front of a car to have a computer steer it.
do not quite understand what you mean

Wow that CA-FI Mirrornav looks good. Seems like an innovative product but their is not much info on it. Mentioned on their facebook page as "Bird View demo with Ca-Fi Mirrornav Prototype"
More specs are here:
http://www.ca-fi.hu/news/cafi-mirrornav-intro/

Android (4.0) based navigation system:
- 360 ° panorama camera technology
- Android Application and GPS maps.
- Black Box: 4 camera DVR system. 32GB TF card - 192 hours of recording. AVI, H264.
- Optional dynamic smart parking system.
- Video and audio entertainment features.
- Hands-free calling.
- FM transmitter.
- CAN bus, GPS, FM transmitter.
- Capacitive touch screen, 800x480, 5 "rearview mirror design.
- ARM Cortex A8 CPU, 512MB of RAM.
- Optional infrared remote control, wifi, bluetooth.

i have been wondering for a while, when you see the cars in the DARPA challenges they are loaded with hardware to be able to drive, but allso seeing what augmented realety can do, i was wondering if it couldent steer a car from the curbes - lane markings - parked cars the camera can see.

If i was skilled i would love to experiment with that stuff, but my skills only go as far as putting a servo motor on the steering collum and so forth.
I have considered putting joystick control in my car, just to freak ppl out when the car is turning and my hands are not on the Wheel.

Wow that CA-FI Mirrornav looks good. Seems like an innovative product but their is not much info on it. Mentioned on their facebook page as "Bird View demo with Ca-Fi Mirrornav Prototype"
More specs are here:
http://www.ca-fi.hu/news/cafi-mirrornav-intro/

Android (4.0) based navigation system:
- 360 ° panorama camera technology
- Android Application and GPS maps.
- Black Box: 4 camera DVR system. 32GB TF card - 192 hours of recording. AVI, H264.
- Optional dynamic smart parking system.
- Video and audio entertainment features.
- Hands-free calling.
- FM transmitter.
- CAN bus, GPS, FM transmitter.
- Capacitive touch screen, 800x480, 5 "rearview mirror design.
- ARM Cortex A8 CPU, 512MB of RAM.
- Optional infrared remote control, wifi, bluetooth.

Back