3x DashCam Day / Night test: Mini 0801 vs Dod LS300W vs Panorama2 Panorama II

to be fair Sony would have the resources to fix things like this, the likelihood that your message could actually get through to the right department in the first place though is very slim, that's often the problem with huge companies like this

The message got through to the right department. It is not only my message, many users reporting the same issue in Sony's own Firmware feedback thread which is monitored. They dont address it due to marketing reasons. next models

I agree, obtaining a profit should be a result of doing business, not the reason for doing business, if only motivated by a balance sheet then decisions will get made for purely financial reasons, this is a problem for public companies that make choices based on what it will do to the share price, consumers are the ones that suffer with the end result
Yes, and that's the way it is unfortunately, in most companies that I know of here.

The message got through to the right department. It is not only my message, many users reporting the same issue in Sony's own Firmware feedback thread which is monitored. They dont address it due to marketing reasons. next models

is the firmware feedback monitored by engineers, or by marketing people, no doubt your messages get to someone, what they do with it though that's another thing, I've dealt with more than one large corporate over the years where the people responsible for fixing problems were oblivious to issues as they never got the feedback (not referring to Sony but it is an issue with larger companies in general and their internal hierarchy)

as you've pointed out I'm sure a marketing department would find the info useful is what they plan for their next product

is the firmware feedback monitored by engineers, or by marketing people, no doubt your messages get to someone, what they do with it though that's another thing, I've dealt with more than one large corporate over the years where the people responsible for fixing problems were oblivious to issues as they never got the feedback (not referring to Sony but it is an issue with larger companies in general and their internal hierarchy)

as you've pointed out I'm sure a marketing department would find the info useful is what they plan for their next product

It got to Sony. Developers don't make decisions on what major firmware updates are done in such a company (at least not what is ordered to be fixed in a large company like that). So the marketing and support people did not decide to address the issue. therefore it got to the right department.

Edit: My point is, this is not some communication problem. It is a decision to ignore. Some other things in the thread were addressed. I believe the bandwidth is being used as an abstraction of product improvement and development. Where they will use the same processor, sensor and lens to make "better and better" Sony action cams. :)

It got to Sony. Developers don't make decisions on what major firmware updates are done. So the marketing and support people did not decide to address the issue. therefore it got to the right department.

of course not, my point was the engineers very often don't get fed this information, not like they can dictate what happens anyway but they no doubt have the resources to address problems like this but (marketing) choose not to, in a world as connected as we are now, where information can be easily shared, will this lead to change or to demise for these large companies that don't listen, they should think themselves lucky that people even take the time to let them know about the problem

how it may impact a large company I don't know, are they too big to be affected? I think if you're a small company and you don't listen to your customers you don't stand a chance

Back