4 Way Combined Mobius Control

Wolfsbane2k

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I've been playing with my first Mobius for the last month and a bit to test a few bits and pieces including mounts and general wiring before ordering my additional 3 units to give me 360 degree coverage.

I'm now in a position where I want to order the other 3, giving me 1 up front, 1 pointing out the back, and 1 pointing out each side from the rear quarter light, and i've got my mounts and power wiring running properly at each point, however it's highlighted a slight problem in terms of command and control of the each mobius. Each one will have it's own 32GB card, but I want to be able to change between mode 1 (daytime) and mode 2 (low light ) together (potentially automatically) , and if needs be hit the "store" function simultaneously.

I'm looking at my options for checking the LED's and getting control of all 4 devices from one 4 button device on the dashboard, and an considering resoldering the LEDs and buttons to a seperate board 3 meters away.

Has anyone else done something similar and got any pointers on things to try/not try?

I'd also be interested in a solution here as I am trying to do the same thing.

You don't need to resolder the buttons, it's enough to solder new wires directly to the circuit board. But you need good skils because on the latest models the space around the buttons is pretty small. Take a look at this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty straightforward using 8 core wire with the 3 rear cameras close together and just one run to the front to pick the other camera up and the dashboard control....

Just time consuming...

Wolfsbane2k said:
Has anyone else done something similar and got any pointers on things to try/not try?
I'd also be interested in a solution here as I am trying to do the same thing.
Well instead of soldering you could do as I have done.
My Mobius is concealed from view from the driver’s seat as well as from the outside. My solution was to cut down a 3 feet 2,2mm diameter Digital Optical Fiber Cable and insert the cut-down end into the LED hole. When the cable end is stripped the core is 1mm and fits nicely into any of the LED holes. I choose the red LED as it is easier to see in daylight.

I then ran the cable under the headliner to a small 2mm hole I drilled in the lining above my head. The other end of the cable, still with the original plug attached, but trimmed down to expose the brass tube completely, now protrudes by only 1mm through the drilled hole in the liner. I glued the plug on the backside of the lining to make sure it stays there. It works great for me. I believe the wiring would be easier if you use 4 optical fiber cables. They are very easy to work with and no tampering and soldering involved.

Optical Fiber_1.jpg Optical-Fiber_2.jpg

Very good idea, very simple in design, but, effective. ..

I have a 4 Mobius setup, and its difficult to see the LEDs, due to the position of the cam, so i ordered these 8.5mm LED convex optical lens, which will magify the cams LEDs, therefore allowing them to be seen.

Heres a link,

I should have them soon, and will see if they work, if they don't, i will definitely be trying your method.

Back