40/60 Rule

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know this is a night shot, but is this adjusted properly for the 40/60 rule?
4050.jpg

I never thought much about that "rule", I just point the camera to where it records what I want it to "see". I don't think anyone should be bound by some unwritten rule when it comes to aiming a dashcam.

Is that snow on your hood, or am I seeing things?

60/40 split seem to be less of a issue with cameras based on the IMX322 sensor, i support the experiment to you drop crowd.

60/40 is more of an AE table thing rather than sensor type, I'd say

due to the dynamic range?

Always with the mystical answers :)

I have a Velour Dashmat, it reflects kinda odd looking to the camera.

I have a "brushed suede" dash mat. I spray painted it with ultra flat black Rustoleum Camouflage paint. I thought it would look hideous but I figured it would get rid of any residual reflections from the mat. It came out looking terrific and works so well I don't even need a CPL anymore.

In my vehicle with the SG9665GC the traditional 60/40 rule has been a major headache as exposure has been kind of a moving target with this camera.

Interesting.
Going to be selling the car in a year or two, so I'm not going to bother with a standard dashmat, don't know if spraying it with something would do any good.

Unfourtnanetly the white blowouts and reflection handling are a major headache for me. Alot of IQ work needs doing yet.
The camera does not handle our strong sun here well I guess, even with a CPL.

Back