412 - Is it just me ?

Kremmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x Viofo A119 V3
I keep my 412 indoors.

I can't stop accidentally turning it on when I pick it up to take it to the car. :(

Accidentally touching the on off button. I tend to hold it in my hand instead of fingers on the edge when walking to the car.

It's probably an age thing :mad:

I need a full back dust cover I can slide off once mounted.

are you removing it from the mount when taking out of the car? if you're using a suction mount it might be more practical to just remove the whole thing, you have something else to hold onto then!!

I do that with the Mio I use in the van (shared van), never have any button pressing issues

@Tiffany, thanks, I have one of them but rarely use it at home. I carefully stand the cam on a felt pad, nose down by the PC so I remember to periodically charge it. I don't do many miles now.
I must see how the 412 with lens fits in my case. The 402 was a tight fit.

@DDPR, it's on the adhesive mount.

It's just me trying to be clever going from house to garage with DashCam, Garmin, phone, wallet, car keys and garage door remote control when I've only got two hands. At some point I touch the 412 go button.

No big deal but just wondered if anyone else has my problem.

I understand - that is a fair amount to carry with two hands!

@Tiffany, thanks, I have one of them but rarely use it at home. I carefully stand the cam on a felt pad, nose down by the PC so I remember to periodically charge it. I don't do many miles now.
I must see how the 412 with lens fits in my case. The 402 was a tight fit.

@DDPR, it's on the adhesive mount.

It's just me trying to be clever going from house to garage with DashCam, Garmin, phone, wallet, car keys and garage door remote control when I've only got two hands. At some point I touch the 412 go button.

No big deal but just wondered if anyone else has my problem.

Hi Kremmen I have just got a 412GW from Halfords with a deal covering hardwire kit 32 GB SD card and fitting + a carrying case aparrently I saved about £5 on the deal The camera is a just a fit but it does give some protection I am also having problems catching the the switches which are very sensitive but for me it’s early days just a bit frustrating at times, a small price to pay for the extra safety it gives if you run into trouble that’s not your fault Joe

Back