412GW Angle

Kremmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x Viofo A119 V3
I've just replaced a 402G with a 412GW.

I've used the 3M mount on my Honda Civic but I've had to modify it. Because of the steep rake of the Civic windscreen I had to file out a couple of MM from the 'stalk' to allow the camera to sit horizontal.
Before I did this the camera wasn't level and wasn't showing the top of the dash for example.

The 402G, with the 3M DOD mount was perfect.

Hi

It was only about 5 degrees out, pointing slightly upwards. A very small notch, just a few mm, filed out of the rear of the stalk has sorted it and the unit now sits perfectly horizontal.

If OK, now I have it fitted and tightened, I can only take a photo of it fitted - tomorrow ....

As you can see, with the angle of the sticky mount it's pointing quite far forward :

9fqqviY.jpg

This is a 2013 UK Honda Civic.

Last edited:
I do have a mount which gives a little more movement, if you private message me your address I will get one posted @Kremmen

I've just ordered a stealth mount of flea bay for £12.50 :(

I am going to try and get my camera to sit a little higher up my windscreen - Ford Focus glass is an odd angle I think, and the standard mount means it's quite a bit lower than what I would consider ideal.

I bet I could have saved £12.50 lol... (A chap has made a 3D printed stumpy holder!)

Paul.

The angle on your files you sent in looks pretty spot on @Paul Iddon, I'm just reviewing them not and comparing with some other footage.

The angle on your files you sent in looks pretty spot on @Paul Iddon, I'm just reviewing them not and comparing with some other footage.

OK - if they are right then they are right. I thought they looked quite dark on my PC screen - the angle of coverage is I think just as expected.

Maybe when I move the cam to a different angle and position it could get better.

This is what I have ordered: @NextBase Tiffany

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 7
I've sent a couple of files to Tiffany. What I am noticing is the vibration on the newer smaller mount. My old 402 was on a Dod 3M sticky mount and was rock solid. Hopefully the different angle mount will be better.

3M is awesome. I much prefer that than suction mounted holders.

Is the "sticky base" sold by Nextbase ? Prefer that to the sucker mount.

They're on Amazon cos that's where I looked.

Have you got a link.

The only one I could find was a smaller third party one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, from what I understand, from a colleauge with a 312, is that that unit doesn't have the GPS circuitry so you lose continual positioning. When he runs his unit away from the mount he has no GPS fix.

Might just be his unit as the 412 is advertised as having an inbuilt GPS sensor.

The Nextbase shop has the sucker mount but not the adhesive mount ! I'd like to buy a spare, if only for when I change cars.

Last edited:
Oh yes, the pads.

Some of these seem to be 'spongy' which will possibly promote vibration. The original pads are wafer thin.

Ideally the option to buy a new complete unit gets my vote. I don't see why they aren't in the shop given they are in each box.

I do have a mount which gives a little more movement, if you private message me your address I will get one posted @Kremmen
I’d love another 3m mount as find these are more better than the suction mount on some windscreens as they struggle to stay on the windscreen

Back