412gw battery problem, I think...

Gadger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if nextbase will replace the battery in these dashcams, or even send one FOC and I'll do it? Mine just won't charge anymore and I don't wanna ditch the dashcam as they are just too good. Its now doing the usual going off and on, showing the nextbase logo all the time, it's not the sd card or the power cable as I have spares of both and have tried.. I bought this in September 2017 but as it was expensive I don't see why I should have to buy another if its just a new battery required. Thanks.

Does anyone know if nextbase will replace the battery in these dashcams, or even send one FOC and I'll do it? Mine just won't charge anymore and I don't wanna ditch the dashcam as they are just too good. Its now doing the usual going off and on, showing the nextbase logo all the time, it's not the sd card or the power cable as I have spares of both and have tried.. I bought this in September 2017 but as it was expensive I don't see why I should have to buy another if its just a new battery required. Thanks.
Hi Gadger,

Welcome!

Firstly I'd recommend doing a charge test on your 412GW to make sure your battery definitely needs replacing and not the SD card.

1) Take your Dash Cam inside and plug it into mains power using the Nextbase provided USB cable. .
2) Remove any rear Cameras or SD cards and turn the Dash Cam on. Please turn Parking Mode off as this could interfere with the test results.
3) Let it charge for 2-3 hours whilst turned off.
4) Unplug the power cable, turn the Dash Cam on and time how long the Dash Cam stays on for. The time it takes for the battery to drain will help us identify the root cause
5) Please remember that after this test your Dash Cam will once again need charging as the battery will be flat.

If the battery lats for 4 minutes or less, then it will indeed need to be replaced.

We can provide a new battery for you directly and we offer two battery services, I've provided the details below:

To minimize the time you have to spend apart from your camera, I can send you a battery with 24 hour delivery for £10 along with a full set of illustrated instructions.
The battery replacement process is relatively straight forward and usually takes between 15/20 minutes to complete but does require some soldering.

Alternatively if you don't feel comfortable with the replacing the battery yourself we can get the camera booked in for repair for £31.20, the average turn around for repairs is between 7-10 working days.

If you'd like to email support@nextbase.com, say that you've talked to Millie and state which option you've chosen, our Engineers will be able to dispatch the battery/organise the replacement.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Thankyou for your replies, I will do this over the next couple of days and get back to you.
Regards
Gary

Hi Gary,

Your new battery should be arriving today.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in contact.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

I got a battery from Amazon and fitted it, the procedure is on YouTube:

Back