412gw Multiple Problems

stephen74

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i've started having a number of problems with my 412.

1. Constantly asking to format the card.
The card is not full, maybe around 5gb of a 32gb card is used. Sometimes it can last for hours after I format it via the 412, sometimes minutes. If I take the card out and format it via the PC it can last for days before the issue comes back up. It used to fill the entire card up.

2. Battery does not charge properly.
It certainly doesnt charge at all when in use. I can drive around for hours and once the power goes off it immediately says low battery and powers off.
If I leave it on charge indoors I can maybe get 10 seconds out of the battery.

3. Unit keeps powering on and off.
This is my main problem. The Unit will suddenly stop working. The nextbase logo will flash up, then the screen will go black, then the logo will flash, then back to black, rinse and repeat until I fiddle with the power cable. Sometimes a simple touch will start it up again, other times it requires more effort. I can get a minutes use out of it or a hours use out of it before it starts doing it again. It does this with both the hardwired cable or the 12v

once the battery goes the camera will get flaky, start by putting a new battery in and it will probably be ok

Where can I get a rechargable battery from and these shouldnt need replacing after just a few months surely.

Back