422 Draining faster than charging

Muggit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422GW
I've had a 422 for about 3 years now, and just recently it's been running out of power - Nextbase logo keeps flashing up and video lengths are random, from 30 secs to 3 minutes.

It was hardwired into the loom using a Nextbase Series 2 Kit and I thought the wiring may have come loose, so I tapped into the fuseboard instead, and the problem is still the same.

I've replaced the internal battery on the cam too, that hasn't made any difference.

I've just been on an hour's journey and for the last 20 minutes the screen has been coming on and going off, the Nextbase splash screen comes up etc.
All this time though, the blue charge light is lit or flashing, so I'm assuming some power is coming thru.
Up until this problem the hardwire kit was on a permanent live, now it's on a switched feed.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 422.jpg
    422.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 4
This type of failure is not unusual here. We have seen more series 2 failures than any other make.

Maybe time to change dashcams and look elsewhere

The most problematic are the battery followed by the need to regularly format the sdcard, which must be compatible

Back