4G Hardwire Kit UP04 Compatability

it doesn't show me the movements around the car
Motion detection only works for people and if they are delayed in front of the X200. He will not record people passing by.
Set the motion detection sensitivity to ultra-high sensitivity and stand in front of the hood of your car and you will see how it works.

I just used UP04 with GiffGaff UK SIM in UK today and it worked without setting APN.

I just used UP04 with GiffGaff UK SIM in UK today and it worked without setting APN.
Did your car park guard work? I mind did you have got messages ( notifications) on your phone?

Yes parking mode worked. I had to turn on notifications in the app's settings (Android). I got a notification saying 'someone bumped your car, please check video.' If I pressed it, it said please wait for the video uploading. A few minutes later when I checked back, it had uploaded and I could watch a short clip.

Yes parking mode worked. I had to turn on notifications in the app's settings (Android). I got a notification saying 'someone bumped your car, please check video.' If I pressed it, it said please wait for the video uploading. A few minutes later when I checked back, it had uploaded and I could watch a short clip.
It doesn't work for me. All settings are done, notifications are enabled and nothing. I don't know where the problem is.

Does it say 4G is connected?

Does the camera have a red ring around it when you give it a smack to simulate someone bashing your car?

Does it say 4G is connected?

Does the camera have a red ring around it when you give it a smack to simulate someone bashing your car?
it is connected, it lights up green and on the camera it shows that it is 4g and it is online. But I haven't tested tapping it

Does the remote view work?

Can you remotely see through the camera through 4G on the app?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240407_075807_70mai.jpg
    Screenshot_20240407_075807_70mai.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 8
No, it shows me this when i click remote surveillance
This means the car is still on. Remote surveillance is possible only when the car is shut off
If your car was shut off already, and you still see this notification - you have the hardwire kit incorrectly connected. If both red and yellow lines are connected to battery constant power, the kit and the cam consequently don't know when the car is off to start parking surveillance mode.

This means the car is still on. Remote surveillance is possible only when the car is shut off
If your car was shut off already, and you still see this notification - you have the hardwire kit incorrectly connected. If both red and yellow lines are connected to battery constant power, the kit and the cam consequently don't know when the car is off to start parking surveillance mode.
That could be the problem too. The camera is tied to run 24 hours. But then when I turn off the engine and the guard is activated, where does it get power from?

That could be the problem too. The camera is tied to run 24 hours. But then when I turn off the engine and the guard is activated, where does it get power from?
The cam via hardwire kit connects to two sources of power, ACC and VCC. ACC has electricity only when the car is on. VCC is connected to car's battery to have power even when the car is shut off. When both ACC line and VCC line have power, the cam knows the car is on, and starts normal recording. When only VCC has power and ACC is off, the cam knows the car is shut off, and switches to parking mode, with constant power from the car's battery.
That's why connecting the hardwire kit lines to correct fuse slots is important for the cam to work in both car running and parking mode.

The cam via hardwire kit connects to two sources of power, ACC and VCC. ACC has electricity only when the car is on. VCC is connected to car's battery to have power even when the car is shut off. When both ACC line and VCC line have power, the cam knows the car is on, and starts normal recording. When only VCC has power and ACC is off, the cam knows the car is shut off, and switches to parking mode, with constant power from the car's battery.
That's why connecting the hardwire kit lines to correct fuse slots is important for the cam to work in both car running and parking mode.
Thank you so much.

Hi, I have just purchased a viofo a229 pro, then i just seen a vid of this with the 4g kit, id rather have the 4g over prob better quality, but can someone answer a few questions please,
1, What gb data sim would i need roughly, 5gb or would i need lots of data, ill only be checking out the live footage if that's even possible.
2, Can i just be walking around the city centre say and just look out of the cameras live without receiving and kind of notification first.
3, Does the emergency button also record say 10 seconds before you pressed the button and say 10 seconds after, like other dashcams.
4, Does the dashcam also do a pre record if someone bumped my car.
I think that's it and i look forward to any answers, thank you.

Hi,
The dashcam + 4G kit won't give you the live streaming when running feature. You can only view the video live when the car is off.

1. About 5GB a month is generally enough.

2. If you mean checking the parked car's surrounding whenever you want, then Yes, you can view the live video from the cam. If it is Omni - you can rotate the cam to watch around. If it's a A510/A810 cam - you can look through either front or rear cam.

3. With Omni, there isn't a button to record emergency video. To manually record an emergency video, you can use voice commands (Shoot emergency video / Shoot left / Shoot right / Shoot inside) . The videos includes 5 sec pre-event and 10 sec post-event.

4. In parking surveillance - collision detection mode, no pre-event footage included. And the video recording starts with ~0.3 sec delay. To have pre-event footage, you may need to turn on both collision detection and time lapse video.

Hi,
The dashcam + 4G kit won't give you the live streaming when running feature. You can only view the video live when the car is off.

1. About 5GB a month is generally enough.

2. If you mean checking the parked car's surrounding whenever you want, then Yes, you can view the live video from the cam. If it is Omni - you can rotate the cam to watch around. If it's a A510/A810 cam - you can look through either front or rear cam.

3. With Omni, there isn't a button to record emergency video. To manually record an emergency video, you can use voice commands (Shoot emergency video / Shoot left / Shoot right / Shoot inside) . The videos includes 5 sec pre-event and 10 sec post-event.

4. In parking surveillance - collision detection mode, no pre-event footage included. And the video recording starts with ~0.3 sec delay. To have pre-event footage, you may need to turn on both collision detection and time lapse video.
That's excellent, thanks very much for your reply. i went for the a810, like the idea of the omni looking around 360 , thank you.

Well iv installed the 4g kit and wow what a piece of S#!T, checked it a few times while installing it and it now says iv used my daily allowance on viewing and to come back tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240709_174014_70mai.jpg
    Screenshot_20240709_174014_70mai.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1
Back