4G omni uk (England)

Jaybe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This week I received my 128G Omni x200 dash cam by 70mai. I ordered it with the 4G kit despite saying it was untested in England.

I bought an O2 PAYG SIM card on a big bundle plan (14g of data)

I’ve set it all up and it all works even in parking mode however I can’t activate the 4G functionality and am unsure what I have done wrong

The 4G receivers light stays blue (non flashing) but for some reason I can’t bind the 4G to the camera in the app

Is anyone who has made this work able to shed some light ?!

Attachments

• IMG_4183.png
    IMG_4183.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 10
Hi all,
This week I received my 128G Omni x200 dash cam by 70mai. I ordered it with the 4G kit despite saying it was untested in England.
I bought an O2 PAYG SIM card on a big bundle plan (14g of data)
I’ve set it all up and it all works even in parking mode however I can’t activate the 4G functionality and am unsure what I have done wrong
The 4G receivers light stays blue (non flashing) but for some reason I can’t bind the 4G to the camera in the app
Is anyone who has made this work able to shed some light ?!
Hi, let's figure it out.
1. Where did you buy the Omni and 4G module? Show links or photos of stickers. The fact is that only the international version of the Omni and 4G module will work.

2. Which 70mai app do you use? Use only the international application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.banyac.midrive.app.intl

3. Only original accessories, especially the "type-C - type-C" cable between the module and the Omni.

4. Turn on Bluetooth, GPS (exact location), give permission to the 70mai application to access the location.

Hi, let's figure it out.
1. Where did you buy the Omni and 4G module? Show links or photos of stickers. The fact is that only the international version of the Omni and 4G module will work.

2. Which 70mai app do you use? Use only the international application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.banyac.midrive.app.intl

3. Only original accessories, especially the "type-C - type-C" cable between the module and the Omni.

4. Turn on Bluetooth, GPS (exact location), give permission to the 70mai application to access the location.
Hi.

Thanks for the reply. So I use the IOS worldwide version of the app.

I’ll attach photos and links but it was purchased via Ali express here’s the link I used:

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! |

And this 4G cable:

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £38.90 40% Off | 70mai 4G Hardwire Kit UP04 Only For 70mai Dash Cam Omni X200 360° Full View Built-in GPS ADAS Night Owl Vision Car DVR

I only use what came out of the box, especially with cables, however I have the elbow connection in the camera because it makes more sense that having the straight connection there.

Yup my phone has all permissions approved to the camera.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 9
Hi.
Thanks for the reply. So I use the IOS worldwide version of the app.
I’ll attach photos and links but it was purchased via Ali express here’s the link I used:
I only use what came out of the box, especially with cables, however I have the elbow connection in the camera because it makes more sense that having the straight connection there.
Yup my phone has all permissions approved to the camera.
You have the Chinese version of the 4G module. It is not compatible with the international version of the Omni registrar and works only in China. Make a refund.

You have the Chinese version of the 4G module. It is not compatible with the international version of the Omni registrar and works only in China. Make a refund.
How can I identify the international version and where can I buy it?
Screenshot_20230628-084521_AliExpress New.jpg
The product page shows the restrictions in which countries this kit can be used, and there are no such restrictions in the international version?

How can I identify the international version and where can I buy it?
The product page shows the restrictions in which countries this kit can be used, and there are no such restrictions in the international version?

You can ask for a photo from the seller or look at the reviews. In the international version, the description is in English at the back, in Chinese (like yours) - hieroglyphs.
There are also restrictions in the international one, check with the seller or see the description.

Hi @lisabon_Q3 you can probably help me out here. I have the 4G kit here in the UK and it is working partially. Whilst I get notifications if anything happens to the car I cannot see live view, it says fail to aquire and please check the 4G module.

I cannot find any problems as the other 4G functionalities work it is only the live view thay causes the problem.

Also, what is the 70mai cloud, I've read somehwere on the app that videos can be uploaded to the cloud. This feature does not work for me.

I bought my 4g kit from this webiste.

https://www.techpunt.nl/en/xiaomi-70mai-4g-hardwire-kit-up04.html

Hi @lisabon_Q3 you can probably help me out here. I have the 4G kit here in the UK and it is working partially. Whilst I get notifications if anything happens to the car I cannot see live view, it says fail to aquire and please check the 4G module.
I cannot find any problems as the other 4G functionalities work it is only the live view thay causes the problem.
Also, what is the 70mai cloud, I've read somehwere on the app that videos can be uploaded to the cloud. This feature does not work for me.
Hi,
1. After notification of an incident, do you see a notification about uploading a video to the cloud? Check in the "Message Center"

2. Which SIM card do you use? A data transfer tariff is required for smart devices. Check it with your operator. Very similar to the speed limit of the operator. For example, up to 64 kb/ s, if you bought an unsuitable SIM card. This speed is enough for notification, not enough for watching online videos.
Once again: check that the card is for smart devices ("Internet for things" IoT), and not for a smartphone with the usual tariff.

Hi,
1. After notification of an incident, do you see a notification about uploading a video to the cloud? Check in the "Message Center"

2. Which SIM card do you use? A data transfer tariff is required for smart devices. Check it with your operator. Very similar to the speed limit of the operator. For example, up to 64 kb/ s, if you bought an unsuitable SIM card. This speed is enough for notification, not enough for watching online videos.
Once again: check that the card is for smart devices ("Internet for things" IoT), and not for a smartphone with the usual tariff.
1. Yes, after notification there is a message in the message center saying uploading to the cloud but the cloud is empty.

2. I have bought the following sim: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01M3VJ2B2Not sure whether it's for IoT but I think I've seen reviews where people say it works in their car so assumed it work with the dashcam. I can try a different SIM and see what happens.

@Oscar8u
Yes, check another SIM-card please. The Internet in the car is the same as the Internet for a tablet. This is not an IoT.

Just bouncing this thread as I have exactly the same issue with Live View not working for me over 4G. Get the 'Failed to acquire' message and check the network status of the module.

4G is shown as connected, green light is on and notifications / vids are uploading to the cloud so connection must be working / data must be flowing.

Anyone else have this working in the UK or resolved the issue?

Thanks.

Having reported this issue to 70mai support they asked me to send them logs, did some diagnostics and have now released new firmware which has fixed the issue for me. Great support from them!!! :)

Back