6 Reasons You Should Own a Dashcam

hmmm, maybe under $1000, make it your high end cam with 90fps as well.

pretty much everyone expects you should be able to read number plates from 100 meters away already :p

We may never have high end classified government level imaging technology in our dash cams but there are some very interesting cutting edge imaging technologies in the works that will likely be introduced to the consumer market before too long.

One interesting technology with a lot of potential is Invisage's Quantum Film sensor. It uses Quantum Dots on a surface similar to conventional film that avoids the use of silicone, can capture four-times better sensitivity with vastly higher resolutions than current sensors and are cheaper to manufacture. See also: Quantum film threatens to replace CMOS image chips.

I thought you were serious, then I saw the camera. Now I'm not so sure...
Heh. I have to give the guy a little credit though. I don't think he used the word HD once. Some sellers of these kinds of cameras that's the first thing that comes out of their mouth.

jokiins cam with the billion pixel sensor.billionsensor.jpg

We may never have high end classified government level imaging technology in our dash cams but there are some very interesting cutting edge imaging technologies in the works that will likely be introduced to the consumer market before too long.

One interesting technology with a lot of potential is Invisage's Quantum Film sensor. It uses Quantum Dots on a surface similar to conventional film that avoids the use of silicone, can capture four-times better sensitivity with vastly higher resolutions than current sensors and are cheaper to manufacture. See also: Quantum film threatens to replace CMOS image chips.

technology changes quickly so hard to say what may be possible just a little while down the track, better options are always becoming available though

Back