622GW v 422GW

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
Is it really worth me changing my 422 for the 622 for the slightly larger screen, but more so the 4k ?

I have the front and rear set up at the moment, so I'm assuming that if I did change, it's just a case of unplugging the 422 and plugging in the 622 and then I'm good to go ?

Thanks

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for your post. If you were to change from the 422GW to the 622GW, the rear camera, mount and cabling are all fully compatible. All you'd need to do is pull the 422GW off the GPS mount and unplug the rear camera, then insert the SD card into the 622GW, put the 622GW onto the GPS mount and plug the rear camera in. The 622GW should then start with power and record the front and rear view.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Is the 4k on the 622gw Native 4k or upscaled or some chip trickery ?

I'm not pretending to know what I'm talking about, it's just information that I've came across during my online research .

Hello Bobby,

The 622GW is true 4K at 8.29MP (3840 x 2160), it has a 4K sensor. Hope that helps!

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

I followed the instructions all good but all of a sudden rear camera doesn't work or the rear camera window doesn't appear on the screen. After resetting sometimes it comes and many times not - secondly 622 automatically goes in protected mode. Please assist

Unfortunately that sounds like a dodgy rear camera cable and will probably need replacing. I had similar issues and they were rectified once I replaced the cable (it's a real pain, especially if you've taken the time and effort in feeding it through and hiding all the cable properly).

If it's still in warranty and you purchased from Halfords or direct from Nextbase UK, you should get a free replacement.

If you do go the replacement cable option, don't rip out your existing cable until you have tried the new cable in situ, as it "may" not be the cable.

Unfortunately that sounds like a dodgy rear camera cable and will probably need replacing. I had similar issues and they were rectified once I replaced the cable (it's a real pain, especially if you've taken the time and effort in feeding it through and hiding all the cable properly).

If it's still in warranty and you purchased from Halfords or direct from Nextbase UK, you should get a free replacement.

If you do go the replacement cable option, don't rip out your existing cable until you have tried the new cable in situ, as it "may" not be the cable.
Great - Thanks - But the same cable working fine with 422GW only having an issue with 622GW.

Back