64GB MicroSD card working in CR500-HD

Malodave

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got my new Sandisk 64GB, Class 10, UHS-1, card formatted to FAT32 and it is working in my FineVu CR500-HD.vGot it at BestBuy on Black Friday for $35. I used a program called FAT32Formatter.

Malodave

Instructions for use:

64GB MicroSD to FAT32 format

I call this the "Use your teeth to open that bottle of beer" method ...

1. Place the card in your PC's card reader and determine the drive designation (i.e., G:\, H:\, etc.)

2. Download the program Fat32Format to your PC from here: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind...at32format.htm. The download link is actually situated about mid-page.

3. Unzip the downloaded file with 7Zip (which you can get here: http://www.7-zip.org/)

4. Navigate to the folder with the unzipped fat32format.exe file; while holding down the [Shift] key, right click on the folder.

5. A menu should popup. Scroll down and click on <Open Command Window Here>.

6. You are now in virtual DOS (.. don't be scared ..)

7. Enter the following command sequence> fat32format h: (or whatever drive designates the location of your SD card)

8. You will be prompted to confirm a wipe and format of your SD card. Type "y" and hit enter.

9. In approximately 5 seconds, your SD card will be FAT32 formatted.

10. Remember to follow whatever procedure you normally would before removing a drive from USB.

I may have to try this. My 32GB wasn't big enough to record a recent hit and run. My card only held 5 hrs of motion detection when I needed 8

Just wanted to add that my dashcam has firmware 116 installed. In case that makes a difference.

Malodave

I just got my new Sandisk 64GB, Class 10, UHS-1, card formatted to FAT32 and it is working in my FineVu CR500-HD.vGot it at BestBuy on Black Friday for $35. I used a program called FAT32Formatter.

Malodave

Instructions for use:

64GB MicroSD to FAT32 format

I call this the "Use your teeth to open that bottle of beer" method ...

1. Place the card in your PC's card reader and determine the drive designation (i.e., G:\, H:\, etc.)

2. Download the program Fat32Format to your PC from here: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind...at32format.htm. The download link is actually situated about mid-page.

3. Unzip the downloaded file with 7Zip (which you can get here: http://www.7-zip.org/)

4. Navigate to the folder with the unzipped fat32format.exe file; while holding down the [Shift] key, right click on the folder.

5. A menu should popup. Scroll down and click on <Open Command Window Here>.

6. You are now in virtual DOS (.. don't be scared ..)

7. Enter the following command sequence> fat32format h: (or whatever drive designates the location of your SD card)

8. You will be prompted to confirm a wipe and format of your SD card. Type "y" and hit enter.

9. In approximately 5 seconds, your SD card will be FAT32 formatted.

10. Remember to follow whatever procedure you normally would before removing a drive from USB.

no go for me, it wont work and im on firmware 2.02.100

my card is a 64gig micro sd xc , patritots, class 10.just bought it for 39$ :(

• Complies with SDA UHS-I 3.0 specifications
• High level of copy protection
• Compatible with MicroSDHC and MicroSDXC slot devices
• Write protection switch to avoid accidental data deletion
• Up to 30MB/s Read
• Up to 20MB/s Write

http://www.patriotmemory.com/product/detail.jsp?prodline=4&catid=88&prodgroupid=209&id=1363

Last edited:
I pulled the card to download some video. The Finevu did not record to the normal folder but did record to
events and video folders.

Malodave

I pulled the card to download some video. The Finevu did not record to the normal folder but did record to
events and video folders.

Malodave

I had the same result

Last edited by a moderator:
Any more updates on this? I'd really like to upgrade to a 64g card as well. I am on 2.02 firmware version

No more updates but this should only take a firmware tweak from Finevue to work correctly.
I am using firmware .116 English

I am now on my second 500HD, the previous one stopped working the GPS completely. Now I am back to having the time out by 16hrs again (BC, Canada is where I am ). Also, I am running a class 10 Sandisk 64GB card. I get one video in the Normal event, usually the start of the days drive a ton in the events folder due to an oversenstive sensor (it's set low). Same goes for the motion sensoe. The card is FAT32 formatted. So I'd really like to know what the hell?

I have replaced the internal battery with an external one. My GPS has also stopped working. The Blue GPS light is on all the time instead of Blinking. The red LED out the window is blinking. The GPS unit also still powers the Fine-Vue Camera. No Firmware tweaks are in the works to fit a larger MicroSD card per Fine-Vue contact. They say it would need a hardware upgrade to work with the SDXC cards

Malodave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W CR-500HD 3
AmericanDriver CR-500HD 9
Back