67w keeps forgetting the initial setup 2 units same problem.

Phecabooth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 67W keep forgetting the initial settings.
I had a 67W for two years, was working fine, once I noticed that it did not alarmed when I went over the speed limit. Then I noticed it did not turn all the way on, it stopped by select region screen. I set it up. Worked fine until I turned the car off. Turning back on the same thing happened.
Reached out to Garmin, after some troubleshooting and discussion they agreed to replace my unit, they sent me the replacement unit. It does the same thing. Battery holds the charge, I can record and play back footage from battery power, I can turn it off leave it unplugged and the next day I can turn it on but the same initial setup greets me.

I have the 67w, and not experiencing that issue. My issue is the 67w loses connection with the Garmin drive app. support has know clue. The app is useless. I had the 57 model which I sent back because of the same solution. sorry you re dealing with your problem. beginning to wonder if Garmin is a good product. previous had the Owlcam, which was a piece of crap.

I Have just bought a '47'. I set it up, including updating to v.6 vi the Garmin drive app. The similar problem was each time I turned off power , when I restarted it, it would go back to the initial set up, showing the list of countries, If I scrolled through the countries & selected Australia, everything then worked as it should until I powered it off again. A search on the 'net suggested I was far from alone having this problem, a number of folk had returned their units to Garmin or to the seller. However I found a suggestion that the problem may be that the occurrence was due to the unit failing to find a GPS signal. As I was indoors , I thought going outside to get a GPS signal might help. After turning on the Garmin outside, a short time later I saw several 'bars at the top right of the screen. I guessed this may be an indication of a GPS signal (I hadn't seen this when indoors) No mention of this in the manual. In fact no description of the display in the manual.

Subsequently, whilst still outdoors showing the signal, I turned off the Garmin, left it a short time & then turned it on again. Hey presto it switched on stright to camera recording rather than the list of countries! Since then I tried again to turn it indoors where there is no GPS signal (inside a steel shed) thinking it may revert to the list of countries again, but it didn't & now seems to be working ok, so it seems it needs that initial GPS signal to 'learn where it is.

The manual is quite disappointing, this should be mentioned.

I Have just bought a '47'. I set it up, including updating to v.6 vi the Garmin drive app. The similar problem was each time I turned off power , when I restarted it, it would go back to the initial set up, showing the list of countries, If I scrolled through the countries & selected Australia, everything then worked as it should until I powered it off again. A search on the 'net suggested I was far from alone having this problem, a number of folk had returned their units to Garmin or to the seller. However I found a suggestion that the problem may be that the occurrence was due to the unit failing to find a GPS signal. As I was indoors , I thought going outside to get a GPS signal might help. After turning on the Garmin outside, a short time later I saw several 'bars at the top right of the screen. I guessed this may be an indication of a GPS signal (I hadn't seen this when indoors) No mention of this in the manual. In fact no description of the display in the manual.

Subsequently, whilst still outdoors showing the signal, I turned off the Garmin, left it a short time & then turned it on again. Hey presto it switched on stright to camera recording rather than the list of countries! Since then I tried again to turn it indoors where there is no GPS signal (inside a steel shed) thinking it may revert to the list of countries again, but it didn't & now seems to be working ok, so it seems it needs that initial GPS signal to 'learn where it is.

The manual is quite disappointing, this should be mentioned.
Glad it worked out for you.
My faulty unit for some reason never recovered, it had some GPS signal even indoors, outdoor was full 4 bars. Even drove around with it in the car, I did not know it was faulty for a while. My unit was beeping once you go over the speed limit, so the lack of beeping got my attention. xD I tried resetting it, GPS was confirmed working both indoor and outdoor, was recording fine once set up even playback worked fine, thats when i found out it plays back audio too. battery were tested by playing back videos on it.
The replacement unit needed GPS signal to be maxxed out. But worked right after.

Back