805 Firmware for flip video

Frank Osarec

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

Just got a couple 805s, on my vehicle mounting the cam as recommened yeilds only a picture of the dash. I saw in one manual that there is a flip video option but that isn't in my firmware 20151201 v1.o

What version can I download to give me a flip video option? I mounted the cam on the dash and works well but playback is upside down which is annoying.

help please!

It looks like it should turn but it really seems stuck and I dind't want to break it!

I am another user who does not want to attach to windscreen, with mount upwards.
I would prefer to mount to dash downward, the bezel will only rotate so far, so all movies are upside down. I noticed on the 806 model you can rotate image, surely this would be by software and would be available for the 805?
Is this possible?

I am another user who does not want to attach to windscreen, with mount upwards.
I would prefer to mount to dash downward, the bezel will only rotate so far, so all movies are upside down. I noticed on the 806 model you can rotate image, surely this would be by software and would be available for the 805?
Is this possible?

it's a firmware thing, it's really designed so it can be rotated and mounted to the left or the right, not so it could be mounted upside down on the dash so there's logic to why it does not have this option on the 0805

it's a firmware thing, it's really designed so it can be rotated and mounted to the left or the right, not so it could be mounted upside down on the dash so there's logic to why it does not have this option on the 0805
So what is the logic with the 806 having the option?

So what is the logic with the 806 having the option?

as I said it has more rotation on the mount so you can turn it the other way so it can be mounted to facing left or facing right, just gives them more mounting options

It looks like it should turn but it really seems stuck and I dind't want to break it!

You do not want to turn it past the stops. I disassembled my 805 to see if I could mount it foot down also, to the dash. There is a wire that goes to the gps that exits thru a slot in the stationary housing which is just long enough to permit the existing rotation.
One easy solution that permits dash mounting vs windshield mounting is from another poster who used some closed cell foam. They carved a channel or C section mount that permits the 805 to sit upright, mount to dash and foam mount via Velcro or similar.
I have some foam and may try that or bend a piece of alum. I think my preference would be the alum.

Hello,

What version can I download to give me a flip video option? I mounted the cam on the dash and works well but playback is upside down which is annoying.

@Frank Osarec, Use the program "VLC Media Player". Click the Tools Tab\
Effects and Filters\Video Effects\Geometry and check box 'Rotate' and use the Angle knob to Rotate your video. You can then save the video right sided up....... Just to remember to untick that box or all of your videos will be rotated!

Back