808 #18A cam

A few questions about the 18A

- how can I see that the cam starts recording when I start the car? When it's plugged in 12volts with an USB Adapter (5volts) then the LED only shows a redlight but it's not blinking orange
- how many wires are in this USB cable? I have the adapter for the fuse box and want to connect it but I've no idea what I should do when there are more than two wires?

please help

808 #18V2 have 3 cables:
- USB Data cable (round cable)
- AV cable with USB
- USB charger cable (flat cable, only 2 visible wires)

The camera works in this way depending on cables connection with the charger:
1. When connected to the USB cable: only charging. No automatic start, you must press the button to power on the camera (yellow LED) and start the recording (yellow LED blinking). Working in the same way as no cable connected.
2. When connected to the AV cable: Powering On the camera and enabling TV Out. You must press the shutter button to start recording (yellow LED blinking). If motion detect enabled, the camera will start recording when motion is detected.
3. When connected to the USB charger cable: powering On the camera and auto-start recording. Not needed to press any button. You must use this option to have Auto-Start recording.

The camera is always charged with any cable if battery needs charging (Red LED).

I think this is the pinout, but not confirmed 100% by the seller:

Offtopic:
Here is what I did with the original #18 cable some time ago:

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• Keycam18Pinout.jpg
    Keycam18Pinout.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 808 #26 cables.jpg
    808 #26 cables.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 344
  • Cables pinouts.jpg
    Cables pinouts.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 343
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks once again Mtz for your great help and afford.

I used the data cable.

Maybe some other guys of you have the same problem because on my SD-Card the config file on the sd card gets lost from time to time:

s18configfoto.jpg

It seems that the camera is deleting it??? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

This is normal. The config file doesn't usually appear by default, only when you press a certain button combo once you've edited it, the camera will take on the changes and delete the txt file

Thansk but my #18v2 isn't working anymore anyway.

I used it several times with a USB-Car charger and the data cable and carged it over my laptop and charged it with a USB Plug. But now I can't even switch it on even when it's charging (Red LED is lightening) I can't switch it on.

I think the battery is destroyed because I used those chargers:

cigi.jpg

plug.jpg

PS: There where never more than 5 Volts going in to the camera :D

Contact your ebay seller and told him your camera is not starting anymore.
I can't see your pictures.

Mtz

Hi Mtz, sorry to disturb, I wonder if you can suggest something.

So I bought 2 808 18A cameras with auto start recording when charger connected.
I happened to rush and flashed a firmware from rcgroups.com into one of them - as a result that feature (auto-start recording on charging) disappeared - the camera still turns on when detects power, but doesn't start recording. Motion detection does work, but it requires a lot of motion to be detected.

I was wondering if you now a way to download a firmware from 808 18A camera - so that I could restore the original one on one I flashed, or maybe you can advice where to get this auto-start-recording firmware...

Thank you.

Do you guys know something like a hard reset? Because I bought the second 808 #18 and both are not working anymore. When I charge them the LED is flashing red but after a few hours of charging I can't switch it on.

Any tricks what I could do? sending it back to china takes such a long time and it's such a big seller it could easily get lost and then I paid for nothing :(

The camera have a small hole on the side for the reset button.
Or you can try to remove the battery and then reconnect.

If not solving, contact the seller.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back